1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

DeVault Guns

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mister mike, Oct 7, 2013.

1. mister mike

mister mike TS Member

Been looking at DeVault shotguns and trying to get as much information as I can. Not many reviews of the guns on the web. Thought I'd ask here for any input the forum could give me. From what I have gathered they are great people to deal with and the guns are high quality with an excellent warranty. Would like to hear from owners of these guns and their impressions of how they handle and shoot.
  2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Shot the highest round of handicap with a 10 minute fitting on his "demo" Infinity gun. If I had the money, I would have one. Quality workmanship of the finest order.
  3. Didreckson

Didreckson Member

Let me add that the Infinity shotgun will outlive all of us. Built like a tank, simple and steady as a rock. If properly fitted, will turn clay targets inside out all day long. I suspect the majority of his stocks would fit most shooters. If you have unusual needs, he can make it work for you.

The wood on all of Dennis' guns are simply works of art, and the checkering that Cindy provides only enhances that.

I have one, can't wait for the next offering to become available. If you get the idea I am a big fan...well you got it!! And no, I don't sell them either, just love mine, and how it functions. And service after the sale is 2nd to none.
  4. 635 G

635 G Active Member

Dennis has made several guns for me. My shootin Infinity just vaporizes targets, no smoke, they just disappear. Also, against popular theory you don't need any super tight chokes. With an Infinity a LM is good to the 22 yd line.

Phil Berkowitz
  5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

I was impressed with the gun and bought it, but I am with holding any judgement until I get it back.

I bought this gun used from an out of state reputable dealer, he had never shot the gun took it in on trade, and I had a problem that needed Dennis's expertise
    and that is where it is at, I have not shot the gun yet.

I have heard so many good reports on the Infinity, beautiful gun.

Like I said I was impressed with the gun, I only wish it was an Infinity, but I am happy with the gun as it is set up, waiting for Dennis to use his magic on it.

GB
    DLS
  6. Trapazoid

Trapazoid TS Member

Current owner and happy for about four years now. The trigger design and firing pin mechanism, not to mention the Infinity has little recoil, is a fine art in itself. If I do my part, which I did at the Fall handicap, it will simply crush a target at any distance.
  7. TDiVeto

TDiVeto Member

Last month I had them put an adjustable butt plate on my 20ga Benelli auto. They did it while I waited! I got a tour of the shop, talked to the crew, and kinda hung around for two hours. Mr. DeVualt and I went out to lunch after the range. I came away from the whole experience thinking that Dennis DeVault and his crew do each project with extreme care and, from what I saw first hand, are very concerned with making everything perfect-even my small order.

If I could afford a DeVault, well I can't really say how proud I would be, but I sure as hell would have a hard time not always having it on display at home. And my gun surely would never be taken for granted. Having said all of that, I still don't know if I'd deserve to be as proud as Dennis and his crew; they are a rare group of passionate and skilled craftspeople.
  8. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

I have Infinity #225 and love it. Dennis usually has son used ones on his website at good prices too.
    Tom Lieb
  9. k80bking

k80bking Member

Mike,

Do yourself a huge favor and take the trip to Canton,Ohio. Did it myself last year and left with Infinity #254. The fitting process takes most of the day,along with shooting to get everything the way it should be. Very soft shooting gun with the adjustments on the rib and comb.
    Dennis stand's behind his guns 110%, I went from pull to release and back to pull in a few months and never was charged a penny. I always feel welcome when I stop in at the shop when passing thru Canton,I feel like I have 6 new friends.

Life's to short to shoot an ugly gun, Buy a DeVault, Bill King
    k80bking_2008_0303.jpg
  10. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I am a former DeVault gun owner, so I will share some experiences with you. I owned one of the first Infinity's out there, #213 I think. No major mechanical problems other than the ejector hanging sometimes. Dennis took care of that with no problem. I don't shoot release triggers, so I cannot comment regarding those.

Here are some facts.......

DeVault Guns are in a niche market. You mentioned that you could not find much about them on the internet....well, that is true. Outside of trapshooters.com, Ohio, and Northern Kentucky not many people know about them. Most games shooters who never look at this site will possibly not have heard about DeVault guns. For the time I owned mine, I had several people at trapshoots ask what make of gun I had. Nothing against DeVault, but that is just the way it is. This situation also creates resale concerns.

Another fact is lock time. The gun is fast! When you pull the trigger the target is either broke or still flying. In my case, it was still flying. I could never get use to the fast lock time. I can't shoot a Silver Seitz either, so this is not a knock at DeVault, but just the way it is. MAKE SURE that you can shoot a fast lock time gun before dropping your $$$.
  11. grunt

grunt Active Member

Interested to know what the difference is about the fast lock time. Does it make you shoot any different?
  12. 635 G

635 G Active Member

With my Infinity, I don't use any lead. If you do you'll short shoot the target. The lock time is 3 times faster than a Seitz.

Phil Berkowitz
  13. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

How many BigDogs shoot them?
  14. 635 G

635 G Active Member

Harlan shot one, before he got sponsored by Krieghoff, His Harlan Campbell special stock by Wenig, IMHO is a copy of the roll-over designed innovated by DeVault.

Big -dogs are sponsored, they shoot whatever--their sponsored provide. Ask, Kim Rhode.

Phil Berkowitz
  15. Dirtyharry357Mag

Dirtyharry357Mag Member

Yes Everything Phil said is 100% true..

I have Machone #103 I also use the light mod choke to smoke target from the 27yrd.

the trigger is very fast there is no hammer it's a inine trigger..

It's a nice gun None better!

Harry
  16. kettles kritter

kettles kritter Member

I have had number 29 mach one for 20 years plus put me on 27 yds for those 20 years also . best trigger I have ever had . went to a combo now. still wonder if I made mistake up to 25 yard line now. lost my average and eyes.

kettle ,thanks for the good times dennis,
  17. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Must be an new technology to break winning scores from the 27 with .015 choke when most known barrel gurus only preach 80% from 50 yards with .035 choke.

Heck, why have choke tubes? .015 should cover everything!
  18. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned

I just got a call from Dennis and he is loaning me his Mach One while he looks mine over, now HOW GREAT is that?

Now that is going way beyond what any other Mfgr will do.

And a great KUDO to Dennis Devault

Gary Bryant
    DR.longshot
  19. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Active Member

I know first hand how Dennis's MachOne shoots. He and I won almost every buddy shoot to be had from 27 to 47 yards back!

Shooters that depend on barrel speed alone to make bird/bead relationships work won't fare well with the quicker lock time guns, usually. My buddy Tom Strunk calls that catching up with the target (finally) with an empty gun?? :)

HAP
  20. TDiVeto

TDiVeto Member

I normally don't get envious nor do I allow myself to-we all have different circumstances.

But damn, I feel darn close to being jealous of some of you guys and can't help but feel that I'm getting into a sport that's already seen the golden years.