1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Devault 391 conversion

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Michshot, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michshot

Michshot TS Member

Just want some opinions from those who have a 391 Devault Elite Conversion. pics would be nice if you have them. thanks

2. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Hi:
    I had a 390 DeVault; fantastic wood, fit, and trigger work. Would smoke the birds.
    If you are considering one, proceed and enjoy.
    Dave

3. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

I'm part way through the conversion. Have swapped out the barrel for a new one with an adjustable rib, and had a demo stock cut to fit me. Once I've shot it a bunch, made fine tuning adjustments to the stock and I'm 100% happy, I'll have Dennis make up new wood for the gun. Only complaints right now are I don't like how the rib adjusts (takes a little more muscle than I'd like to apply to small parts) and with the forcing cone out I think pressures have dropped and the gun isn't cycling light target loads as well as it used to. Plan on getting a different gas cylinder spring from Coles when they're back in stock and that should cure the cycling issue.

Finally had some better weather shoot the gun in and so far I've broken 298 of the last 300 singles targets I've shot at. So, I'm pleased and wouldn't hesitate recommending that you take the plunge with your 391. I should have done it a couple years ago.

~Michael

4. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

I have one that I would like to sell. It was on here a couple of months ago I bought it and I am just use to my SBT and can't seem to make the change to an auto with release trigger, I gave $2000 and would take what I have in it. I have a pile of extra spare (New) parts with it. Wood is beautiful if interested I can send pics. Cubancigar posted the pics for the fellow I bought from may still have them? JW

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

JW, sorry but I deleted the photos off my hard drive and photobucket. I certainly would put them back on if you send me some though. I remember the gun, it belonged to Phil Berkowizt 635G ex Chatbrat. It was a real beauty and I felt at the time it was worth more than he asked. I still feel that way, it had a lot of spare parts and was like new with beautufl wood.

Lou

6. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Yes Sir that's the one. Super nice gun, just a lot of moving parts for me.

7. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Lets see the pics......GOOD LUCK

8. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

John-as soon as the Admiral surfaces I have her send the pictures,that I sent to Cuban Cigar--need someone to give me an e-mail address for a person who can post them on the site.

Phil Berkowitz

9. jhoward

jhoward Member

I can post them if needed, email above, just remove the x's.

10. max trap

max trap Member

Phil...would yoy send me some pics on the 391.

Thanks Ed Grubbs

11. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

A big part of the expense of the Elite is having Dennis hand fit the gun to you, That is one part I would not skip.

I'm sure if you E-mail Dennis he would provide some pics of his work.

12. jhoward

jhoward Member

Posted from Phil...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

This is a 100% accurate representation of the Beretta, Spears release trigger is in it, pull trigger parts are there to convert back. Many new replacement parts come with it. Wrights extended choke tubes 4. hard plastic case. $2000.00 +Shipping,FIRM
    Thanks Phil and J Howard J.Woolsey

14. Robb

Robb Member

J. Where do you live?

15. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

In Sanford, NC. Robb.

16. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

The barrel is 30", it was my old gun prior to getting my Infinity--it got me 3 trophies in the 2008 NC state shoot.

Phil Berkowitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

devault 391 beretta conversion

devault 391 conversion