1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Detroit Tigers?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by calilori, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calilori

calilori TS Member

Several years ago I lost a bet to somebody about a baseball game. I remember I lost to Giants lost to the Tigers. Anyway, I'm asking because a close family friend just got traded to the Tigers. As a matter of fact he was the winning pitcher tonight. So, please Tiger fans, be kind to Doug Fister, he's really a great young man outside of baseball. A truly wholesome kid.

2. GoDawgs

GoDawgs Member

As a Seattle Mariners fan, I am really rooting for him. He did quite well here. Unfortunately, our offense never scored any runs for him. Great young pitcher! Fist`em Baby!

3. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

The Tigers could sure use some help in their bullpen.Thank God we have Verlander!!!

4. calilori

calilori TS Member

Doug is going to do a great job for you. He really needed to be on a better team. Sorry Mariners fans.

5. calilori

calilori TS Member

Doug is going to do a great job for you. He really needed to be on a better team. Sorry Mariners fans.

6. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

I think you guys are going to like Cassper Wells and Charlie Furbush over there in Seattle. I was actually sorry to see those guys go. I think they will both have long and successful careers, unfortunately it soes not look like it will be in Detroit.

JK

7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Trow the bum out-a-there!!! OK OK So I'm not a baseball fan and I wouldn't know him if I tripped over him. I had to stir the pot alittle on ya Lori!!! I hope he wins the big one for team. I do like football though and looking forward to the season soon. Break-em all. Jeff

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Been to Detroit recently? If he's really a friend, and he's really headed there, you'll buy him a Kevlar vest.

-Gary

9. calilori

calilori TS Member

LOL Gary, my niece is his SIL, and that's what she keeps saying....she loved going to Seattle to watch him play, but is not looking forward to Detroit at all.

10. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Not really a laughing matter. Detroit is a war zone. Feral humans running rampant, police barely even attempt to control them anymore. Wouldn't consider going back there unarmed.

-Gary

11. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I know he won't be living downtown. No athlete does. They live out in Bloomfield Hills and such, or in the case of Nick Lindstrom, he lives in Novi. The ballpark is beautiful. Getting there is not bad, just don't take a wrong turn.

Jerbear

12. GoDawgs

GoDawgs Member

Oh, for Christ sake, Detroit isn't that bad. It's not a war zone. There aren't feral humans running around. It's a fine city

13. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

GoDawgs, you must have a house for sale in Detroit. Fluff up the goods. LOL

14. GW22

GW22 Active Member

LOL, yeah either that or he hasn't been in downtown Detroit lately.

-Gary

15. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Nice to welcome a new live arm in Detroit. I have lived in MI all of my life and I don't like going south of Saginaw. But everything north of m55 makes up for the bad news in the south. I'm in the process of moving to Ocqueoc.[near big mac] Bill Wheeler

16. GoDawgs

GoDawgs Member

I live in Seattle but went to Detroit a couple years ago. I heard all these horror stories. Instead, the people were very nice, the baseball stadium was great, and we even found some good restaurants. It's still the USA. It's better than most places not in this country. Its not as bad as you guys are making it out to be.......

17. bigunn

bigunn TS Member

His dad was my sons football coach in high school, The kid can throw a football pretty good to.

18. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

The Comerica park area is a lot of fun, but it's not a very big area and if you get just a little bit off the beaten path, you WILL find yourself in a heap of trouble, especially when the sun goes down.

No, Detroit is nothing at all like Chicago where you can roam around for miles on end and as long as you understand that and don't do anything stupid, you'll be fine.

19. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Yes, understand that.

Otherwise, you'll be dead and stuff.

-Gary

20. Mike

Mike Member

6ft 8in, the tallest Tiger ever. Mayby he can help the Pistons too...Mik

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.