1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Detroit likened to Iraq

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jim101, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

I'm sure this will get him some brownie points. Jim

Detroit likened to Iraq

Violence equal, lawmaker says

March 22, 2007

BY TODD SPANGLER

FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

A Republican congressman representing rural southern Michigan is taking heat for saying that most of Iraq is at least as under control as Detroit is.

Freshman Rep. Tim Walberg's comments, made Monday on WILS-AM in Lansing, didn't sit well with Democrats -- who issued a news release Wednesday -- or the office of Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick.

"Any reference to Detroit as a war zone is absurd," said Matt Allen, the mayor's spokesman. Walberg of Tipton didn't quite say Detroit was a war zone. He said most of Iraq "is reasonably under control, at least as well as Detroit." Walberg's spokesman, Matt Lahr, said the congressman "frequently shares sentiments expressed to him by the soldiers and veterans he meets." He wouldn't say whether a soldier or soldiers made the Detroit remark.

2. remingtonman

remingtonman TS Member

There is no truth in the fact that TRON has my back all the way to RICHARDSON RD. LOL!!!

3. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Only carry shotguns on Richardson road but downtown Detroit is quite another matter.

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Remember in the '70s a friend of mine had relatives in Detroit. They told him that it wasn't safe to be outside of your house between 3pm and dawn.

5. ChairborneRanger

ChairborneRanger Member

IMHO, that's an insult to Iraq.

6. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Hell, they just let some guy caught for murder post bail because of a paperwork snafu.

Yup their packin and stackin in good old Motown.

Kwame's kids played on my sons basketball league that just finished. Kwame bought the whole team new Nike Air shoes when he could have donated the money to the league to help with gym expenses. We're in the tournaments now. King K comes in with his loud mouth and yells to his kids that "Basketball is a contact sport so make contact". These are 9 year olds. Next thing you know the presidents wife tell the crowd to keep their mouth shut about the ref's calls or she will ask them to leave. One of king K's body guards approach her and she told him to back off.My son's team beat their asses anyway but that's not the point. After the game his security detail was parked in the lot not letting people out to leave until king K leaves and my neighbor yells at this clown with a ear piece to move his ass because Kwame is just another parent to us here.... the guy moved the tricked out Escalade, one of 3 that was in our parking lot.

If Swingin K would set up his own little league sports there wouldn't be the killing and sh!t going on in that city. NO he has to bring his kids here to aggravate us.

We haven't played them in the tournament yet but you be assured it will be heated.

Yes I feel sorry for his kids because they can't lead a normal life but don't come to my town and act like you own it, hell, we don't treat our own township supervisor any different then us.

Jerbear

7. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Who in the hell is Kwame?????

Jim

8. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick

9. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

That was funny as hell Jerbear!

Sounds like The General is a couple Excalades short of a Green Zone...

10. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Is the Cadillac Hotel still in existance in downtown Detroit? Back in 65 or 66 a lot of people, myself included, got an extended stay there due to social upheaval. Tough, cold town; not a place for wimps then or now.

11. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

Mayor "Kilpatrick", he's Irish... I think he proposed a new city slogan, "Detroit - Where the weak are killed and eaten"

cls

PS: See you Saturday Joe?

12. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Tron, are you still going to be there Sunday?

Jerbear

13. J.P.

J.P. TS Member

The Black Irish? We shall over commmmmmme........... My ass. I watched a special on A&E Telly, about the white Aryan`s and how BAD they are. Will I ever see a special on the Black ---------? NO, I doubt it, that would be racist!!!!!

14. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

Ducati,

FYI any group that hates just to hate, like the Aryan Brotherhood, is BAD in my opinion. That applies to both sides. The good news is that you too can learn to judge people as individuals. I could go on but it would be pointless.

all the best,
    john

15. J.P.

J.P. TS Member

Tailbuster;I agree on the individuals, my brother (adopted) is Vietnamese, his kids are truly wonderful, all his family and in laws are a prosperous joy to be around. I have shooting friends who refer to the Viets as welfare, tax cheating gooks. My most treasured moments and times of my life are the time spent with the Native peoples of Canada; alas they are often referred to as Prairie Niggers... Oh well... I was referring to the state of the media. Hate is hate. Destructive. Shoot well and enjoy.

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I don't think there are as many "Blacks" in Iraq as there are in Detroit ... I can see it all now, a Pimped out Tank pulling into the White Castle after an all nighter ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.