1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DETROIT GUN CLUB IS ON FIRE!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Charles L. Schmidt, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

Any update on that Joe?

Chuck

2. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Man that's bad. Hope Scotty and everyone are OK.

3. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

anyone heard how bad the damage was? Motor State Open is in 1 month.

4. schutzemgud

schutzemgud TS Member

I heard from Jerbear it is a storage shed burning.

MIke

5. Jack Daniel

Jack Daniel TS Member

Is that the one off of Hamlin and Dequindre?

6. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

No, it's on Oakley or Oakley Park in Walled Lake I think. You're thinking of the Detroit Sportsmen's Congress JD.

I'm sure they'll recover just fine from this unfortunate set back. cls

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

That's not where all the LEAD SHOT was stored??

jim

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Alf!!! That's COLD!!! lol

but, living in Pinckney, I can relate to the thought...

9. Reno911

Reno911 TS Member

It Happens. You know how resilient Scott is. It will be rebuilt within weeks.

10. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Typical news spin... Ammo in the building to scare to public. Birds and smokeless powder were in the building and was not explosive... as the guy on fox news said last night it just fizzled and went pop.

Jerbear

11. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

Hey guys, I'm glad it was only a shed! Tron, I know what you"re saying about the volunteer guys and I know there are probably none on this board that it applies to but I live across the road from a volunteer station. These guys all come running if somebody needs a splinter out. They just all got to see whats going on!

I hope to God I never need them for a fire and I'm glad they are there but they have got to be the nosiest bunch I ever seen!

Steve

12. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

I'm sorry Bob. I'm not complaining about the volunteers who do a needed job for nothing. I praise them for what they do. It's just that in my neighborhood there are individuals in the dept. who do nothing but get in the way.

When my son was 12 yrs old he crashed his go cart into the back of my wifes car which was in the driveway. It was very bad, my son was unconcious and was bleeding very badly from his head. I have a very long lane and by the time the ambulance got to us there were so many "volunteers" parked in the way the ambulance couldn't even get back to my son until they moved their cars. Again, I'm sure you do and did a wonderful job and I am not complaining about those who give of their time and offer their lives to help. Only the ones who seem to only want to be where the action is and nothing else!

Steve

13. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

I'm with bob levine on this one. I was a vol. firefighter/EMT for a little town down the road and the more the better. We had gone through periods of low membership and going out on a MVA or fire with only a couple of men was not a good feeling. Knowing you have some back up is good when you run into a working fire. When you do that you really know you're alive but you also want to know that you're still going to be alive when it's over.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

14. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Most volunteers around here get paid per call. So when any call goes out get the hell out of the way.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.