1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

??Determining Wad Pressure on PW Loader??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ed Y, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

How do you know if you have the proper wad pressure when loading with a PW loader? I have a very old one that has markings to determine the pressure but my newer one does not.

Ed Yanchok

2. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

ED,
    All the literature that I have read recently don't give wad pressures. They say set wad firmly on powder. I personally use enough pressure to get a nice crimp. BRGII

3. skeezix

skeezix Member

I think the manual says to set the wad ram so that you can't easily move the die when the the platform is up.

jh

4. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

skeezix.

Sounds like a plan. Thanks

Ed Yanchok

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Ed Y if you place a wad in the shell(on top of the powder of course)with your finger until it stop on the way down. Bring your wad ram up until the die will move in the up position. Then bring the wad ram down until you feel it touch the wad(stop)then lock it. When you adjust your final crimp to a good crimp you will have plenty of wad pressure. That is all that is needed.

Bob Lawless

6. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Wad pressure is determined by the final crimp. The wad can't possibly maintain pressure before the crimp so it's meaningless.

7. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

The way I adjust my wad ram is: using a pencil with an erase tip, cycle the press with the ram high enough not to seat the wad. Using the eraser end, push up through the hole under the die and lower the wad ram until you can not move the shell/die up and down. I then lock the nut and cycle to the crimp operation and check for correct crimp. Then adjust the crimp. The crimp will further seat the wad if needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.