1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Determining Value of Ljutic Mono Gun (1984)

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by TrapCrazy, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

0   0   0

Just wondering if anyone could give me a decent used value of a 1984 Mono Gun with Olympic wood and upgraded wood (English Walnut) Gun is in good condition I have been told. Gun has been modified from original ( adj comb), gracoil. Gun has screw in chokes and pull trigger. I've seen prices vary and am also looking for a krieghoff KX-5. Missed a really nice KX-5 a few weeks ago. Also like the lujtics but don't want to over pay for one that is over 25 years old.
  2. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Are they Ljutic chokes? How many?
  3. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

0   0   0

Yes, 2 Full and Mod.
  4. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

0   0   0

A lot depends on you. Do you like the way the gun looks? Does it fit?

Actually that's one thing that means a lot to me, gun fit.

I guess what I'm getting at is, what is it worth to YOU. Ljutic makes a very nice gun and I'm not selling mine. It will last. It can be easily repaired, but you won't need to because it won't break.
  5. JACK

JACK Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

$1800 and have a long wait if you decide to resell. KX5 guns are around adn will be soon again. Wait.
  6. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

0   0   0

I like the way the gun looks however I would really prefer to try it out first. It is a really nice gun but I believe the price ($3200) on it is very high for the age. I was thinking somewhere more in the $23-2500 range. A mint condition KX-5 with all the bells and whistles and hard case and it was a 2002 model was only $3400.
  7. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

0   0   0

A 2002 KX-5 for $3,400 is a great deal. I have a friend that has a very nice 2005 KX-5 for sale, but he may want more for it that you want to spend. PM me if interested.

I agree with MIA here. If the Ljutic you're looking at is in perfect condition, $2,500 is not our of the question. However, most Ljutics are well used and finding one that old in perfect condition will be rare. Joel Etchen usually has a few used ones on his site you can compare with.
  8. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

0   0   0

I have shot both guns and they are both great. However, the Ljutic seems to be a softer shooter and has a wonderful built-in follow through that I can feel. In comparison, the KX-5 seems to, for want of any other term, be "harsh and to vibrate" upon firing. Also, Ljutic Ind. has great service and relatively quick turn around. Also, they have an annual deal on rebluing. Ljutic can make a gun come back like new..but so can Krieghoff.
  9. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

0   0   0

Yeah,
    The KX-5 was really nice and it was local for me as well. However I snoozed on it and now someone else owns it. The ljutic is nice but like you guys said I think it is very over priced at $3200. The condition looks good but the age bothers me. The person selling it is the second owner so who knows how many rounds it has through it. I've seen newer ones for less so I might make them a offer but I am not sure if they will except $1000 less.
  10. JACK

JACK Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Trap crazy. See your PM.
  11. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Be thankful the KX5 was sold prefer a Ljutic and I would ask to shoot it have a gunsmith look at it if you want expert value. I think the price is up there but I did not see the wood. Lots of Ljutics around be patient shoot it first then worry about price if you want the gun. Try Doug at Shotgun specialities he usually has nice used Ljutics he is a Ljutic dealer with a good reputation.
  12. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Active Member

0   0   0

TrapCrazy

Ljutics are long lasting guns. Mine is a 1974 model just back from being redone by Ljutic. It turned out really well, as have all the refurbish jobs I have seen or heard of that were done by Ljutic. I would have no problem buying a well used, but cared for, old Ljutic. You could have it redone to as new and still spend less than for the KX-5. BUT you have to buy it at the right price. Marc
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.