1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

determining choke on Hastings wadlock barrel?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet_man, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Just bought a gun w/ a wadlock barrel. If I wanted a specific constriction choke, would I measure the ID of the barrel off the lands, grooves, what? I would think groove to groove, since that'd be the largest measurement you could get off the barrel, and you would HAVE to use that measurement if you were to build a choke that was exactly bore matched, with no lead-in taper.

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

It should have interchangable choke tubes, and those are what does the choking. Remember, a specific choke dimension isn't necessarily going to give you a pre-determined pattern percentage. The only way to know what any given choke is doing with any given load is to pattern it.

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Don't measure the grooves, just the lands to get the proper deminsion. It may take a little bit of doing to get the right reading.

ss

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

The Barrel diameter Hastings accepts is stamped on it. It's 0.720, probably, that is, the smaller diameter.

The Wadlock II ® barrel I tested was nothing special, not as good, in fact, at the standard Hastings I compared it to.

Neil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what is wadlock barrel