Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Detailed info on scores ATA web site

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  BigM-Perazzi 
#1 ·
I like the detailed information on your scores on the ATA web site. Shows what scores you broke at what club. Should help to put shooters in right class and yardage. The only thing missing is they should put high scores you shot somewere on the page and when. High scores should be high lighted somewere. For now you have to scan through all the clubs to look at scores. 16 yard class should be added. For example my average in 16 is 79.53(1700 targets)D Class but my last 800 targets it is 91.50. So i should be moved to C Class. Ability has been proven. I think 16 yard scores should be review every 1000 targets like they are in handicap. Averages cannot allways show you a persons ability. At what point is proven ability defined? I think the ATA is going the right direction posting detail info on scores just needs refined a little.

#3 ·
A lot of clubs use this years avg. last years avg. and last 500 tgt avg. to determine your class on singles. My understanding is that it is up to the club and it should be in the shot program exactly what is required and what will be used. If you don't think its right talk to your local club. As far as the ATA site, it would require some more programing to do what you are thinking, and the way it is you have a figure on the running total of targets you have fired at and a running avg for the year. I agree this might not reflect your current ability, but it also keeps someone whom has shoot good earlier in the year from backing down a class if they are in a slump, having physical problems etc,,so it is a two way street. If you think getting moved up is a problem try getting moved down a class. Good luck

Bob

#6 ·
Earl if you think they should move you up a class be sure to point out to them your handicap card when you register. It is a good help to have your card up to date with your last 500 birds averaged so that they dont have to do a lot of work. It is easier to just look at the computer, but if you have the work done for them (avg's up to date they might be a lot easier persuaded to at least take a look. It's no fun being called a sand bagger, I understand your point. My avg hcp scores since first of year are now in the high 80's but since april of this year (1900 tgts) it is about 92 I'm on the 19 and working my way back slowly. Lots of 93, 94 & a few 95. hard to win at my club with a 95 as I usually have to shoot against 2 all americans plus a lot of other very good shooters. It hurts being called a sand bagger, but don't quit trying.

Bob

#8 ·
"that password is only available to the shooter not the club"

But you can print it off and take it with you to the club and most clubs i have been to honor it along with your average card. Nothing replaces your up-to-date average card.---Matt

#10 ·
The only real problem with using the ATA website is that they are dependent on the local clubs score submittal to be up to date. The ATA site is always behind depending on how often you shoot registered targets and how efficient the local clubs are they can be a great deal behind. In my case they are usually 900 - 1500 birds behind my card until the winter slow downs then they are only usually 300 birds behind. That is why we are supposed to keep our cards up to date and present them when we register.

--- Chip King ---

#12 ·
You can use the printout as obtained above for some things, but not for others. Singles and Doubles are fine and I use it all the time. Handicap is more of a problem, and that's why the rulebook says you can't use it at all.

The problem is that printout may show a reduction which the delegate may subsequently countermand, or careful checking may discover to be a mistake as well. That's why for handicap, you really need that "card in hand" everyone talks about.

But for singles and doubles, the average at the top is very handy and it's all I ever use, really. A highlighter, swiped over those data, speeds classification like nothing else. The whole story, laid out in legible print, is what every classifier dreams of.

Neil

#13 ·
Snyder, I'm getting a warm and cuddly feeling all over! I thinke we're on to something here! Make sure you get a female ( my preference) classifier, because when you give her all that highlighted data She's liable to jump up and give you a big-ol-kiss!

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.