1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dershowitz Weighs in on the Zimmerman-Martin Case

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Chango2, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

This, to me, is another objective view of what came down in the trial. I think politics trumped law in this case...a very big mess that angered way too many, needlessly, re. who either felt Zimmerman was guilty or Zimmerman was not guilty. Good and sincere people on both sides of the fence did not get the entire picture which is a sad day for our allegedly "civilized" country. It is a lousy example of the "justice system" at work. Somehow, IMO, the right verdict was handed down, but not due to the proper adherence to the law.

IMO, this became an issue/trial over race vs. behaviors of all principals involved, including Martin, Zimmerman, and those spearheading the legal system.

An insighful read in my view:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Dershowitz-Zimmerman-Prosecutorial-Misconduct/2013/07/14/id/514957

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

He makes a good case against what happened through the prosecutor's office.

BUT then adds this,

“I think these vigilante community groups have to be disarmed,” he said. “I don’t think Zimmerman should have been allowed to have a gun.

“He should have been walking around with a walkie-talkie and calling the police,” he said. “It’s the job of the police to investigate and apprehend suspects based on their professional training.”

The problem lots of educated people have is, that police will get there in "time"!! and THEY are ALL "professionals" BOTH are false!

Remember, When seconds count, police are just minutes away!!

3. Avatar

Walkie-Talkie? He's behind the times. Zimmerman had a cell phone, thank you, and was calling the police. He was, in fact, waiting for the police to come and investigate and apprehend Martin...

Otherwise, Dershowitz got it right. There was prosecutorial misconduct, big time. Charging Zimmerman, when the police and local district attorney had determined there was not sufficient evidence, and then withholding hundreds of texts and photos from the defense in an effort to deny Zimmerman a fair trial--someone should go to jail.

4. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

"There was prosecutorial misconduct, big time"

BINGO !!!!!!!!!!!

".....withholding hundreds of texts and photos from the defense in an effort to deny Zimmerman a fair trial--someone should go to jail."

If not jailed....DISBARRED. License to practice law REVOKED.
    As sorry as I am to say it...This farce starts right at the door of Governor Rick Scott, who I have supported. He needs to account for his ridiculous decision to override Law Enforcement and FORCE this issue to go to trial.. without a Grand Jury, over the objections of the law enforcement officers who actually knew what had happened. As a result, besides the awful tragedy inflicted on George Zimmerman and his family, at least one other individual...Police Chief Lee...had his career ruined for NO REASON.

5. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Politics of race at its worse. If Martin was white would the state have pushed for prosecution?? NOT!! Fred

6. Hookedonshooting

Hookedonshooting TS Member

Chango, thanks for the link