1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Deputies shot and killed at gun club.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by oldgahchamp, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Just saw on the web that 2 Okaloosa Florida Deputy Sheriffs were shot and killed while responding to a call at the Shoal River Gun Club. The shooter was later shot and killed by other Deputies. WTF is next? Larry

2. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

May God Keep and protect the families of the lost officers.

Lou

3. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

I'm sorry for their families. I imagine some sort of ban will be next. All these highly publicised shootings are just the momentum the current adminstration needs. Almost too convenient.

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Go back to your dog bowl, if yor think whe is hot,,,,

5. jbrucejr

jbrucejr Member

Here is the full link:

http://www.journal-news.com/news/nation-world-news/officials-2-fla-sheriffs-deputies-fatally-shot-95920.html

It looks like the link is about 8 characters too long for the link line.

John

6. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Does anybody know what he was shooting? I pray its not an assault rifle, but with the media that could include a browning bt.

7. over/under

over/under Member

Seems they were responding to domestic violence charge.

8. over/under

over/under Member

9. yelllab

yelllab TS Member

Here is another web site. Looks like there was a domestic dispute before hand and then he went to the gun club. This article is reporting an ak 47 as the weapon he used. It also ended up as a high speed chase. Aticle with pics. thttp://www.policelink.com/news/articles/104045-2-north-florida-deputys-killed-in-the-line-of-duty

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

We were too damn nice. We created a permissive society, and responsibility took a back seat.

Way too many males raised by only a mom wound up learning about life from their buddies on the street corner.

Television taught all the young minds some very wrong messages about problem solving.

I'm not going to second guess this one incident, I am sure there is a story behind the story.

But a society stupid enough to choose the leaders they did is indicative of a society that does not take responsibility. Whatever took place in this affair, you can bet that Old fashioned moral virtues and common sense took a holiday there.

My condolences to the families of the victims.

Pray for our country, it is in need of healing.

HM

11. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

HM. You are alwasy at the fore of understanding... But let me tell you this and the rest of you as well. If gun control and all of its various parts can ferret out the crazies in our society and eliminate the senseless deaths caused by these nutsos, then we will have gun control of the masses. It is the one area that our legislators feel they can make a positive difference and they will implement it. The unfortunate exprapolatin of those new laws will be confiscation from regular people that abide by laws. Whetehr you like all this new liberal agend or not, the Iraq war got conservatives on the sidelines, because the Pentagon likes to use it's ground troops to solve problems. If I knew the Iraq incursion would be wrong whay didn't Bush? Because the Army likes to prove an old maxim that you need boots on the ground to win wars. Remember this, If you start a war you hae a 50/50 chance of being a loser. If you do not start a war your chnaces are better. If you enemy starts a war he takes the big risk. In our case we lost the big war and let the liberals run our country for the forseeable future. Adn beyond as well, because of the debt load. China would love to pull the plug on our borrowing and the universal use of the dollar. But they cannot as they know that their country wiould endure economoic bust and they too would get thrown out of power.

12. GW22

GW22 Active Member

MIA, I want to understand your point and your position. Are you saying that YOU believe that "...gun control and all of its various parts can ferret out the crazies in our society," or are you just saying that is the prevailing public belief? I hope it's the latter.

If you believe this yourself, have you thought about how long it will take for gun control to whittle down the availabilty of guns already on the street? Have you considered whether the effect, even by the most optimistic estimates, will be worth the price (loss of liberty for law-abiding citizens and deterioration of freedom which America was founded upon)?

Have you thought about how easy it actually is to kill people if you really committed to doing so? Would we all feel better if these people were killed by some other means? Even if gun control would save 1000 lives per year, would it be worth it? I mean, the flu kills twice that many. If you think it is worth it, then shouldn't we consider other restrictions on freedom? For example, if all cars were mandated to have a governor to limit top speed to, say, 60 mph, undoubtedly thousands of innocent lives would be saved each year along with hundreds of millions of gallons of oil. So should we do that too? Banning motorcycles and french fries would also save lives, so should we do that also? That's a dangerous way to think and it flies in the face of what this counry has always been about.

Let's remember, my friends, that this is still America. This is where freedom still exists and people are allowed to make decisions about their own lives and about taking risk. Regardless of how media jumps on these stories, your actual chance of being shot by a lunatic are negligible, from a mathematical probability standpoint. If we let big brother pass more laws on law-abiding citizens in order to protect us from each other then we better buckle-up for how far it will go. And if you do some research, you'll see that there is a lot of evidence that gun control will not work anyway. Remember, the criminals have already demostrated that they will not abide by laws. How many things the government does actually work as intended? How did the plan to let really poor people buy houses work out for us? How did the bigger government mentality we let them get away with work out for us? How about giving China most favored trade status? How about NAFTA? How many things can you name that the federal government has come up with in the past couple decades which have had a significant net positive impact on our lives? The founding fathers clearly understood the limitations of federal government, so why do so many of us have trouble grasping it?

Let's think very hard before we give up our freedoms, because once we give-in there's no getting them back. Each of us has a responsibilty to future generations to keep America from being ruined by government.

Respectfully,
    Gary

13. JOND

JOND TS Member

just looked up Shoal River's website- They DO NOT shoot TRAP !!! JOND

14. Wyogoose

Wyogoose TS Member

So, how do we discern who is mentally capable of owning a firearm? Literacy test? Typing accuracy. Our image is at the foremost, whether it be showing up at the trap club with our sweatpants tucked into our workboots with beachnut dripping off of our chin waving everyone with a closed pump screaming at our kids climbing the flag pole. It may be just the smaller things. Behavior and lack of personal responsbility along with our utter denial to police ourselves personally have all built the platform for the gun grabbers to stand on. None of us are perfect, but we should all be striving for perfection of ourselves and our bretheren if we expect to regain the respect of Joe Suburbia. It all boils down to one thing, "Do the right thing". Anyone can do it good enough, but it takes someone with care and pride to do it right. Those are the ones we need on our side. This bigger govmt is just producing more and more LACK of education. No offense meant to anyone, but we need to pull our collective heads out if we mean to win this thing.

15. JACK

GW. My point is not clear as it rambles itno severl areas of thought rather than sticking to gun control. I just say that gun control is coming and these crazies justify the laws that our legislators want to foist upon us. And of course, I am against any new laws. But we (collectively) voted in this bunch and they will drub us with their perversion of rules for us to live by.

I hoep that answers your question, point. Yes?

16. JACK

GW. Actually, my pooint is that Bush and his damn Irag incursion that the goofy Army generals convinced him to do is the fault of all this new liberal clap-trap. Let me make my point more clear. Had we just sent planes to keep this mideast under control, we would have been a lot better off and not had a liberal majority in congress right now. Obama would still have been elected since we could not find a decent Repupublican competitor. So my point is that Bush is to blame, but more-so the goofy Army generals that convinced him to go into Iraq.

Is this point arguable? Only if you believ in fairy tales. No, let me apologize for that fairy tale line. You are entitiled to whatever you think, but I do believe the cause and effect of all this liberal stuff is Bush and the army generals.

17. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

This is a very important battle for the people who value freedom.

The word twisters have the upper hand. Witness Pelosi, after the election referring to "the failed economic policies of the Bush administration" in the very first speech she made.

It was not true, but it sank in. People who knew the truth were not taken in by those words, but some who lacked knowledge were.

And thats how deception works for these people, a little at a time.

The same thing will happen with firearms. Almost any fool knows gun laws do not stop crime. But a lot of fools out there who don't know that will swallow the BS put forth hook, line, and sinker. And they will hold still for loss of freedom in order to feel safe.

The masses hold the key, and they need to be educated. NRA may not be perfect, but it's the only major voice we have. I just rejoined after a hiatus in my membership. Anyone who owns a gun should do so.

Outfits like Move On.org and Acorn are wrong for this country, but they have the upper hand right now. Because they are loud, and because they have an agenda that feels good until you look at them in a thoughtful way instead of with emotions.

Which school of thought will win out? Will it be Phil Donahue, Or Ted Nugent?

Somehow rightness needs to be promoted for the good of our country.

(On my own personal level, I won't hold my breath.)

Call, write, send comment to the local editor's page, put your oar in. Even if you don't think it helps.

The voices of the pukes have to be drowned out by WE THE PEOPLE.

HM

18. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

More info...

Curt

19. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

roid-rage?

20. JACK

Thanks for that follow-up Curt. No consolation to those hurt by this fellow, but at least it does not appear to have specific gun club association.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.