1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Denver Snow

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blade819, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Wow talk about a snow storm and I understand another foot is on the way. Rick Barker... are you ok? I just got back from a Harley ride and am worried that I haven't heard from you.

blade819

2. avery53

avery53 Member

Don't feel too sorry for those people, 2 ft of snow usually only lasts for a few days. Lived out there for a couple of winters, wait a few days and it is melted off.

3. blade819

Rick..since you can shoot, go out and shovel.

blade819

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

What's it like in Colorado Springs? HMB

5. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Colorado Springs got about 1 inch. Denvered hammered

6. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

What I would give for two feet here in MN. Our grass isn't even covered. Zero miles on snowmobiles this year.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I got stranded at the Denver airport, along with 5,000 other people, many years ago. The idiot mayor was in a snit over where the airport was located, and refused to have the roads to the airport plowed. Slept on the floor for three nights. If you got in line for breakfast at McDonald's, by the time you got it and ate, it was time to get in line for lunch. Three hour wait to get into a bar to get dinner. Got hammered so I could sleep on the floor. The runway got plowed so the Denver Broncos could fly to NY, and they sent two 'cover" flights out to make it seem as if they did not get preferential treatment, then the airport closed again. The Red cross was bragging on TV how they were feeding everyone. I saw their table. A small one with a few dozen sandwiches and a couple boxes of baby formula. Remember, they were feeding "everyone", and they sure didn't have enough for 100 people, much less 5000. Finally snuck into a nearly deserted Delta sky lounge and lived it up with free booze, snacks and big screen TV. Delta closed their wing and there were no Delta employees around. The restaurants finally ran out of food, and McDonald's shut down because of child labor laws (they ran the crew too many hours). Fortunately I foresaw this possibility and had gone to some of the little shops and loaded up on non-perishable food and put it in a locker, so I had food on the third day. Shared some with a coworker from another state I ran across who was stranded too.

8. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

About 3 hours north of me there is over 4 meters of snow on our ski hill, with lots more coming .

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Rick, I can't believe you live in a Communist Condo Association. Where everyone shares the costs. I figured you for a "piece of land and a 44 mag." Scrounging around for a gopher or tree rat....LOL

10. blade819

Gads Rick! I feel soooooo sorry for you living in that Democrat Purgatory. It must be draining on you mentally. :eek:) Oh well, hucker down and watch ESPN and Superbowl for a couple of days. By the way, I did see a piece yesterday where Tim was receiving more attention by the press that the guy sitting next to him... Joe Montana.

blade819

11. avery53

avery53 Member

When I was living in Colorado in the late 60's, it was a great place, before the hippies took over. Sad!

avery

12. likemybrownings

likemybrownings Active Member

I know someoe calling for about 8 inches, but she just might not be getting it, well at least not from here. Dave B.

13. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

The west needs the snow pack keeps the water flowing

14. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

We flew into Denver on Friday at 7 pm. Changed planes and took off in about half hour. We had a lady pilot and she came over the plane intercom and said "this is Denver, we have snow. I'm sending my snowplows down the runway, and then we will go." That's just what happened too. Five plows went first, then when they got off the runway we went. 15 minutes west of Denver we were in the clear. They do know how to handle snow there.

15. blade819

Rick... all you have to do is go south on I-25 about 70 miles to the springs. They don't get snow. plus you can shoot at Pikes peak GC.

blade819

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.