1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Denver Broncos

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blade819, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Well it looks like Peyton Manning will end up with the Broncos. As a fan and also have attended many home games while I lived in Colorado Springs 2 years ago, I am excited for what this move will do for the team, the city of Denver and its great fans! Rick Barker you lucky Dog!

blade819

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

I and no one I have talked to about this is happy about it.

We are buying an over-the-hill, has-been, that is almost as old as John Elway was, when he retired.

I would not have bought this years season tickets if I had known this was going to happen.

I bought next seasons tickets, even though I was unhappy about the price increase, because I was looking forward to seeing Tebow play and now some other team will end up with him.

When I heard the news this morning I was extremely disappointed and told my wife we should sell our tickets to the first person that wants them.

It has been over 14 years since Denver has won a Super Bowl, it was only this last season since we made the playoffs in 2006 and I doubt that will happen again, as long as Manning is here.

Next year we again will be looking for a QB.

3. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Peyton Manning at 50 years old would be a better passer than Tim Tebow is now. I like Tebow as a person but he doesn't have the arm to be an NFL quarterback. Denver needs a good QB especially next season having the second toughest schedule in the NFL. I am sure you can sell your season tickets very quickly. You will miss out on seeing one of the best quarterbacks of all time lead the local team. I think he would have a Super Bowl a lot more quickly at San Francisco but he and Harbaugh may have not seen eye to eye on the offense.

4. Rick Barker

DoubleAuto

Easy for you to say, when my tickets were not paid for with your money. Do you want to buy mine for two thousand? Better hurry, i think I already have a sucker, I mean a Manning fan wanting them.

I would have been extremely happy if Manning had gone to San Francisco.

Manning will not even be in full contact practice,how will he survive a real hit in a game with his neck being so delicate?

Tebow is young and healthy, Manning is old and frail.

I hear a lot of Tebow detracters say Tebow can't throw, but I guess nobody except Denver fans don't think that. When Pittsburgh lost to Denver in the playoffs, Pittsburgh players were saying "We never knew he could throw a ball like that, because nobody told us he could and we never saw any films that showed he could.

5. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

he is there to "coach" Tebow nothing else.

Denver is just looking at the future of the franchise!

6. Rick Barker

timberfaller

I wish that were true but they are already talking about trading Tebow, and what better teacher could he have had with John Elway, it it would not cost 96 million over 5 years.

7. DoubleAuto

Well living on the other side of the country I don't think buying your tickets would be smart. All the interviews and pictures from Denver show happy fans and I am sure some of them will be happy to buy your tickets. Haven't seen an unhappy Denver fan yet. The stadium only holds 76,125 for football. We have several SEC teams that fill larger stadiums than that with no problem. If you think that Tebow was going to lead Denver to the Super Bowl you are badly mistaken.

8. Rick Barker

DoubleAuto

While I mentioned it has been 14 years since Denver won one, I don't give a damn if Tebow wins a SuperBowl or not. When we watch him play, meaning the fans in the stadium, he makes it fun and enjoyable.

I am no more mistaken than you are at this point.

9. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Manning will be 36 in a few days. Out of the 5 Superbowls Elway was in, didn't he win the last two at 37 and 38 years old?

One huge difference.....Elway could run, Manning can't. Should be interesting.

I wish Manning and the Bronco's good luck. The Colt's have Andrew Luck.

Wayne

10. Rick Barker

Tebow can throw and run.

Elway wore a brace on his leg all the time he was here.

Just how far is 36 from 37 in football? Like I said he is almost as old as Elway was when he retire. The reason Elway quit was his body could not take anymore.

Manning has had 3 operations on his neck in 19 months. Now they are saying the fusion will make the bones stronger, blah, blah, blah. I still wish he went somewhere else.

Those of you who are in love with him, take him, please.

11. DoubleAuto

I am sure that the majority of the Broncos fans don't feel the same way you do. They want a winner and contender. The New England Patriots with their so-so defense showcased the real Tebow. The Denver fans got a real look at their future with Tebow at quarterback.

12. Rick Barker

Good God DoubleAuto, are you serious?

A rookie quarterback against a 6 time SuperBowl winner and you are surprised at the outcome?

Nobody here was, and we still wanted him, even after the loss to New England.

But I guess you know better than I, I being here, you being where you are, feeding off a bunch of dumb sportscasters that could not find their butt in the dark with a flashlight. Well I got news for you. The majority of fans here were not unhappy with Tebow. You no more know the mindset of the Bronco fans than I do of the San Francisco fans. Whose is your quarter back, is it still Steven Young?

This is not the first time the Broncos have not listened to the fans and are not likely to as long as they have sold out seasons.

13. DoubleAuto

If there was one Denver fan that was disappointed with the Manning signing these dumb sportscasters would be featuring them on TV just for the news value. If they are everywhere as you say you would think these disappointed fans would be easy to find even for a dumb sportscaster. Are these disappointed fans voicing their displeasure outside the Broncos headquarters? The Denver radio host interviewed said the fans were "guiddy" over the pick-up of Manning.

14. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

Double Auto--FYI Tebow BROKE every PASSING RECORD in the SEC. He can pass as well as most if given the chance and having good coaches to believe in him.He broke/surpasses all of P.Mannings records to!!

15. DoubleAuto

College is one thing, the Pros a whole different ball game. Tebow had a 46.5% completion rate this past season. The mile-high air must be getting to anyone that thinks Manning is not an improvement over Tebow.

I guess all of you Tebow lovers are calling Elway and the Broncos stupid for committing 90 million to get Manning.

16. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

In that case Tebow is too good for the Bronc's so I think they deserve payton of who I never liked. I liked Tebow's energy, he "will" be a winner long before Payton is to broken to play.

CM

17. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

In that case and all things considered Tobow is to good for the Bronc's

CM

18. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Tebow is not even close in the passing records. Twelve on the SEC career yardage list. No even mentioned on the single season passing list.

Don't get me wrong, I like Tim and wish him well. I think rushing records for a SEC quarterback Tebow might have.

Wayne

19. DoubleAuto

Have been listening to Denver Radio Stations (including 104.3 and 1300) and have not heard one call badmouthing the pick-up of Manning. The sportscasters are not reporting any upwelling of dissent over Manning coming to the Broncos. Must be a clandestine group deep in the mountains that don't want Manning.

20. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

Tebow throws for 316 yds against the Steelers and beats them in a high pressure game. What more can he do? Elway was a joke as a quarterback the first 2 years he was in Denver and went on to 2 Super Bowls. It's a business though and they own the business.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.