1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dennis DeVault's News Letter

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Dec 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

If you have not read his December news letter I strongly encourage you to do so. I always enjoy it but this month was really special to me. He explains Point of Impact at great length. This is something I never really understood like I wanted to. People have explained it to me many times ( each one having their own version) but Dennis put it very clearly and at great detail. If you don't get his news letter and need a copy PM me with an email addy and I will forward a copy. It is worth reading even if you think you fully understand point of impact. When you finish it and someone says a gun has a 80-20 or 70-30 point of impact, you will know exactly what they mean.

2. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Cuban -

"When you finish it and someone says a gun has a 80-20 or 70-30 point of impact, you will know exactly what they mean" . . . only problem with that is how do you know that they know what they mean?

Scott

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Thats good Scott. You are right on. They would need to understand it also. What I actually got out of this is that I now don't have to worry about misrepresenting a point of impact to a buyer if I sell a gun. That always bothered me when they asked what it was because I truly never really knew the right answer.

4. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

WOW,

We have had a ton of request for our letter this month and I am excited by the responce. About twenty minutes I updated our web site and now all the newsletters have been posted for anyone to review. They are all in a printable pdf format. Thank you and please enjoy the reading.

Dennis DeVault

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

I get a , The file is damaged and cannot be repaired , message. The nov. newsletter comes up fine. Jeff

6. setter

setter Member

i just pulled it up with no problem.

7. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Easy to subscribe and get your own personal copy each month...FREE!

Fun and educational reading from The Rodeo Man...

milt

8. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Ha , at least Im not the only one with a crazy puter! Jeff

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I really enjoy reading the news letters! Thank you Dennis!

Hardly anyone could shoot another's gun to get the "exact" same POI. Our cheek bones are set low to high in how they contact the stocks comb so it's no real surprise they shoot to a different POI for many. Hap

10. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

The bad pdf issue sounds like a version problem. What version is your reader? What version did Dennis use to create the pdf?

11. cle

cle Member

Same problem....December Newsletter "Damaged, Cannot Repair." Other issues open fine. Doesn't look like a "version" problem./CLE

12. Dennis DeVault

The newer newsletters have been created in Adobe version 9. I have added a button to our web page to get you into a free download of adobe. Since reading this I went to the site nyself and everything comes up as it supposed to do and it works on my design page. The older letters were done in an older version of Adobe so I would try the upgrade from the download. Sorry for the problem.

Dennis DeVault

13. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Worked for me. :D

14. Dennis DeVault

Just an update,
    The letter has been received very well and we are wanting to expand the letter starting in the first of the year by adding two additional writers. From the Mind of Dean DeBow will be added and also From the West Steve Carmichael. I am excited about the new additions and if anyone wants to get the letter directly just e-mail me your address and we will add you to the list. Both of the new writers are all-americans, Dean Kentucky State Hall of Fame and Steve Moissouri and ATA hall of fame. If there are subjects that you would like us to discuss e-mail me your request and we will begin a list of topics to cover in the months ahead.

Dennis DeVault

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.