1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dennis Devault

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by roolan, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roolan

roolan TS Member

Last may I travelled to Ohio to have a gun fitting with Dennis Devault. I was so impressed with Dennis and the whole process. I also got to meet Dennis Deboe and spend some time at the range with both of them. It's not often that you can find one person in trap shooting who is an expert shooter who understands the game, designs and builds one of the best trap guns, and has the capability to build you an "engineered stock and gun fit". While back there I picked up one of Dennis Infinity trap guns. When I got back home I began to search for a used one for months with no luck. I called Dennis to complain and he said " I just took one in and from what I know about you I think it will fit". Long story short I got the gun just before the PITA Grand. When I showed up with the gun my shooting buddy said "your not going to shoot a new gun are you. ". I said sure, why not. The gun feels good. I shot the my best scores and won my class. There is no doubt I had a gun that fit me with a great trigger and it made a difference.
    Dennis attended the PITA at Evergreen and aside from all the great people he met was most impressed with the club restaurant that featured a 10oz rib eye steak for $10. Those of you who have seen Dennis in the flesh will understand that comment. Dennis spent his time helping shooters with gun fit and shooting. He and Dennis Deboe will be back next year and they want to schedule a "Double D Shooting Clinic".

2. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

"There is no doubt I had a gun that fit me". Funny you should say that. I met Dennis back in 2007 over the phone. He and I worked on the Pro Shooters Tour together but never actually met face to face until 2009. Dennis was coming to the MO Fall shoot so he and I met there. Dennis wanted me to try out an Infinity so he asked me about my size and build, how I mounted a gun, where I held on the house, point of impact and a few other details. When he arrived and handed me that Infinity that he had set up for me...that gun fit me better than any gun had in 35 years of competitive trap shooting. And I had used a professional gun fitter since 1974. Not to take away from other gun fitters who I'm sure are true pros, but this was like God must have done it cause Dennis had never met me. An experience I'll never forget.

milt

3. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

That would be Dean Debow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.