1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dennis DeVault

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Aquaflow, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aquaflow

Aquaflow TS Member

Wanted to let folks know that if you are looking into a gun fitting session you can't go wrong with Dennis. We had the privilege of having Dennis down to North Carolina this past week for several days of fitting sessions. Everyone I have talked to that attended were more than pleased with their fitting experience including me and my son.
    My son Daniel is 13 years old and a big boy for his age. He's 6' tall already and about 200 lbs, the scary part is he's still growing. I had started taking him shooting a little and he has been using my old Beretta 391. We knew the gun didn't fit him well so we were really interested in having Dennis take a look. Dennis spent as much time with him as any adult and after changing the pad on the gun and making a few suggestions had Daniel shooting targets like a pro. Needless to say he hasn't quit talking about it and can't wait to go shooting again.
    Dennis is a real gentleman and never pushed any of his products on anyone. He offered his expert opinion and advice which you could take or leave. But several of us have experienced better results by taking his advice.

If you get a chance give Dennis a visit and see what he can do for you or your child.

Alan

2. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

thank you for the post-

3. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

I would like to thank Alan for the post and also want to thank Rick Mitchell, he is the gentleman that got me to do this first clinic. Also I want to thank Chris Dewitt for allowing me to be at the game farm and put on this cliic. The staff at Dewitt's could not have been more accomidating. Also I want to let everyone know that I certified Mr. Mitchell as a level 2 gun fitter. Rick is in the Pinehurst North Carolina so if you need a little help with linig things up give Rick a call and he can help. Rick is also an agent for Delrin Ribs and other items that you may need. His number is 910-691-2644. If you have thre chance to go to Dewitt's you will not be disappointed, they have a great 5 stand, good hunting and a great sporting clays course. Thank you again,

Dennis DeVault

4. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

Dennis, two things.Put out a book of your news letters.That way I can show someone "see dennis said it, see right here".#2 come to the mid west for a stock fitting clinic.The grand would be great.

tracy

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

6. cfchief

cfchief Member

ALAN All us guys and girls up here in the buckeye are lucky, infact Dennis shop is just a short drivefor me chief out

7. shaggist

shaggist Member

I want to echo Aquaflow's comments about the DeVault/Mitchell Fitting/Shooting Clinic held at DeWitt's outside of Ellerbe, NC. It was an eye-opening experience as to how the little things in gun mounting make a big difference in target acquisition and breaking.
    Dennis DeVault is a gentleman of the first order as is his associate, Rick Mitchell. They can spot flaws in how you mount your gun and how these flaws will effect your shooting in 5 minutes or less. After an inital round of 5-Stand to allow them to observe our shooting techniques, Dennis then worked with each of us on an individual basis, patterning our guns, noting changes to be made in the stock for a better fit, and assessing our techniques. We then shot another round of 5-Stand and we all bettered our efforts in relation to the first round.
    I was a member of the same squad as Alan(Aquaflow) and Daniel, and we all learned very valuable lessons about our guns and how to use them. I want to especially say Thank You to Daniel for helping me hold my gun in position during the fitting stages. I am recuperating from rotator cuff repair and couldn't hold the gun in position for any length of time. Daniel was my 'gun bearer' and very willingly helped me through that phase.
    Many Thanks to Dennis, Rick, Alan, Daniel, and the rest of my squad mates for a marvelous afternoon engaging in a life-long sport.
    Jack Young

8. Bill J Boyd

Bill J Boyd TS Member

OMG Denny how much did you have to pay these people to say all these nice things about you? Seriously, Denny is a great person to know and to work with.
    Bill

9. dontate

dontate Member

I have got to get in accolades for Dennis and Rick. It did not take Dennis but two seconds to spot my major error in turning my face into the gun when mounting it. I also agree with Alan in that Dennis did not push anything on anyone. I feel I got my moneys worth and then some. All true gentlemen to work with and Dewitt's is a great facility. Thanks guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

dennis devault trapshooting