1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dennis DeVault: my new best friend

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Border Bandit, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

After chatting with Dennis for a few years, I finally got to meet the fine gentleman, and shake his hand. I went into his booth at the Buckeye Classic, yesterday, asking: "where's that darned Dennis DeVault?". They said, he was out, just then, but might be back, and could anyone help me. Naa, I've been talking to him for a couple of years and admired his and Cindy's work and wanted to shake his hand. In that case, the smiling gentleman said, I'm him! What a great guy...and good looking too! We had a nice chat and I gave him one of my rib savers, and in return received one of his sheepskin gun wipe-downs, and a DeVault Industries shooting diary, which was very much appreciated. Thank you Dennis, the pleasure was all mine; Barb & I will take you up on your invitation to visit Canton. Can't wait to see your new projects in the works.

Best...Mike

2. Bill J Boyd

Bill J Boyd TS Member

Dear Mike, thanks alot, i have to be in this building at the Ohio Buckeye Classic,all this week with Dennis and now after seeing your post
    " What a great guy...and good looking too" he is going to be unbearable. we will never hear the end of this... Bill

3. Border Bandit

It was a pleasure meeting you also, Bill. Not to worry, though, once Cindy sees this, "ol whatshisname won't get too big for his britches....grin

best...mike

4. max trap

max trap Member

Is this the same Dennis DeVault that was banned from the state of Kentucky for prancing around in a ladys thong ?? If it is...tell him HI from his friends in Nebraska !

5. Bill J Boyd

Bill J Boyd TS Member

Hey Everyone,

I am on Bills computer my unit will not connect to the wyfi down here but yes I am the one in the thong and thank you to all my friends in Nebraska. I sure want to thank Mike for stopping by and it was a pleasure to finally meet. You and your wife are welcome to stop at the shop anytime. Maybe spend a little time with Cindy. Weather is a little cool at the Cardinal today overcast and light rain but 97 squads for the singles so far. Stop in and see Bill and I in our new building unit 3B behind bank 6 on the west side.

Dennis DeVault

6. Bill J Boyd

Bill J Boyd TS Member

Hey Jerry,

I am on Bill's computer again and no problem with that photo it is on my Facebook page now so no harm no foul. Look forward to seeing you on Tuesday remember to bring shells and we have 30 and 50 hookups for the trailer as well as water and sewer behind the shop. See you then,

Dennis DeVault

7. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

I also met Dennis for the first time. He tried to sell me some gunstock comb washers. Only $50.00. Just kidding.
    Clyde Doll

8. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Strange friend... realizes you don't know who he is and tells you to your face that he's not there until he find out why you want to see him.

I hope this was his idea if a twisted joke.

Keller

9. Border Bandit

Keller, the joke was mine, not Dennis'. For all he knew I was trying to return washers....and packing...grin. Actually it was Bill who, with a big grin, said he didn't know him. I'm 6'4 go 270, and was carying a shotgun; but please don't read anything into this that was anything but a very friendly exchange. Dennis is the best...period!

best....mike

10. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I gotcha...thanks!

Keller

11. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Thank you for the Birthday wish and the stock deal will not be drawn until July when I go to the PITA Grand in Washington. I would like to thank everyone that came in to see Bill & I during the Buckeye Classic. It was the first time in many years that I actually vended and it was nice to see old friends and to make many new ones as well. Thank you to Trish, Larry, Silvia and Ernie for the dinners it was very nice to invite me in when I really did not know anyone. Look forward to seeing many more shooters at the Ohio State Shoot in 14 days.

Dennis DeVault

12. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

When I first saw this thread, I thought maybe Chango started it?! Good talking to you Dennis! Tom Rhoads

13. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Hi there...

I've been on a wood blank buying trip. Neat stuff, secret sources found south and north of the border. I will say I went to an automotive trade equipment show at Banff Canada...unbelievable prices on washers.

Regards to all from someplace, I don't know the exact place in these woods, between CorDalene and Spokane.

David

14. Bill J Boyd

Bill J Boyd TS Member

Along with Dennis, i too would like to thank everyone that stopped in to see us at Ohio, we will be back this coming weekend and will be there for the whole State shoot. i would also like to thank everyone that purchased a gun case, you sure made it a succesful shoot, thanks again and see you next week
    Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.