1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Denli Gunstocks??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Avaldes, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Hello All,

I wanted to send out a solicitation to anyone that has done business with Denli Gunstocks in the past. I have a current order out that is yet to be filled and I am getting worried that they have not been in contact with me for about a month. Does anyone know if they are all ok back there?

I sent funds to Denli in February in total of $1968 for an absolutely one of a kind Turkish blank (#181). It was the holy grail of beautiful gun blanks (to me of course). Since then the email contact with Ali Denli has dried up and I am getting worried because I have not seen anything yet.

All of the feedback on their website was positive and they stated that delivery should be 2-5 business days. I understand that they use DHL as their shipper so the idea that it is lost in the mail is out. I would appreciate it if anyone knows what is going on with Denli these days. Please speak up and help ease my mind.

I had to cancel my appointment with Dennis DeVault and I seriously hope everyone involved is ok and this is just a regular delay due to something trivial. Thank you all!

-Aaron Valdes
    Paso Robles, Ca.

2. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

I asked on here a few years ago, and they had good reviews. Then I tried to buy a set, which days later I was told it was sold, then another set, then another 3 days to find out it was sold.......my last email was "for christ sakes, pull the crap off that is sold" I went to Luxus who advertised in the banners on ts.com and was happy with what I got. Too much of a hassle to deal with across the pond. l.g.

3. high 2

high 2 Member

I've spent quite a bit of money with him. As a matter of fact, the first purchase was for around $5000. It came down to wiring the money to an of shore account and I backed out. A couple of days later he emailed and asked if I still wanted the wood. Answer was yes and about a week later FedEx delivered the wood. I then wired the money and have never felt like was going to get screwed on any purchases since. With the way the world is over there anything could happen. Please let us know how it works out for you. Larry

4. Avaldes

Thanks for the feedback guys. Has anyone had contact with Ali Denli recently? I haven't been able to raise him (or anyone at Denli) to find out the status on my blank.

-Aaron

5. Avaldes

Well I am happy to report that my blank finally showed up today! Here is a snapshot of the piece. It is absolutely stunning and Dennis DeVault will have the honor of cutting it. Now I just have to decide if it will go on my MX-2000 or if I should save it for a one of a kind project from Marcello. Pictures just don't do this blank justice.

I hope that the delay in getting my blank was the exception and not the rule at Denli, because they carry some amazing wood.

-Aaron

avaldes_2008_03032.jpg

6. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Two comments - no three.

1) that is a stunning piece of wood. Please share photos along the way and of the finished work.

As I recall Denli uses a Swiss bank (very smart) and ships from Turkey.

2) New banking rules went into effect around the world 1/1/12 and have turned things into chaos in the banking world. Systems are being overloaded by the volume of record keeping now being required by governments. Wires that used to take hours now need weeks (e.g., Italian banks).

3) Shipping is no longer the guaranteed over-night process it once was. You are sold expedited shipping, with the implication of fast and guaranteed time of delivery - read the fine print. The time I wait for international mail movement has become a joke.

The important thing is you got the wood and it looks like you are well on the way to a stunning gun.

Good luck with it.

7. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Hello Aaron,

I am pleased that you received the blank and I apoligise from not getting more involved with helping you. Through the last several years I have bought many blanks for me from this company but my last transaction got me a little spooked. In the near future I will stay closer to home and buy here to support the wood cutters ststeside instead of overseas. Again glad to see you got the wood and we will talk soon.

Dennis DeVault

8. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I too have had some difficulty contacting him reciently but have had good transactions in the past including one for around 10,000
    Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
denli gun stocks
denli gunstocks
denli stocks

denli-gunstocks