1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dems trying to attach gun ban to Defense spending

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Feedback is that the Dems are trying to attach the gun bans to the Defense spending bill to trap the GOP into either banning guns or not paying the soldiers.

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Would not be the first time.

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I guess that is called "compromise"????????

4. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

Eventually, we'll end up back where the second amendment will be the ONLY gun law in the land. We'll just tell them to F.O.

5. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Perhaps the Republicans should attach a NEW law repealing the Gun Control act of 1968 to the next piece of crap the Democrat party needs to pass.
    Maybe something like:
    "You want comprehensive immigration reform with amnesty...???...OK...to get it you have to vote to repeal every federal restriction on the Second Amendment and disband the ATF".
    Why the heck does it seem like only the Democrats know how to play "hardball"...???

6. Ponytail in WI

Ponytail in WI TS Member

Because the Republican leadership in both Boehner and McConnell is weak and I suspect not all that bright.

7. ismah

ismah Member

Brian, I'm curious where you heard this bit of fiction.

8. drgondog

drgondog Member

I heard it also.

It doesn't have a chance. The Dems are desparate now, for first time. Obama played the sequester card to get the Repubs to fold on the Tax bill. The House has a pretty big stick if they don't overplay it.

The smart thing would be to hold fast on the Repub demand for the Senate to pass a budget - which won't pass if they get ridiculous because of all the Dem Senate seats also up for grabs next year... Folks are beginning to see the real impact from Obamacare as well as the tax increases that hit everybody.

The second thing to remember is that the sequester, because it was Obama driven, is going to sit in his lap because I think the Repubs have to 'not give a damn' unless and until the Dems agree to a large part of the Tax/Spending proposals the Repubs sent to the Senate last summer.

Last, that attempt would not get past the Senate and it sure won't get anywhere with Pelosi's side of the Dem caucus - at least 30 of which ain't gonna vote against the 2nd Amendment.

I'm hearing that there will be an attempt by Dems to slip the gun ban in the Senate - but no spending bill can get passed without the House.

9. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

Maybe if the troops dont get paid they will find out how much the kenyan clown cares about their service.Maybe it will open some peoples eyes But.... I doubt it. One must be loyal to the commander in chimp

10. Brian in Oregon

ismah, quote: <i>"Brian, I'm curious where you heard this bit of fiction."</i>

Apparently you have solid facts to the contrary. Please share.

11. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

"Feedback is". Does that mean solid facts? Solid facts are very rare, here in this section.

12. ismah

ismah Member

Brian, "Feedback is that the Dems are trying to attach the gun bans to the Defense spending bill to trap the GOP into either banning guns or not paying the soldiers." - - Where did you get your 'Feedback'?? Did this information just pop into your head somehow? Which specific 'gun bans' are you referring to? I think you like to feed the paranoia in this forum. Your words: "Dems, attach, gun bans, trap the GOP, not paying soldiers" sound carefully chosen.

13. drgondog

drgondog Member

My source is a shooting buddy who happens to be a staffer for a high ranking Congressman plus a lobbyist that has been on the beltway for 40 years.

They have been right about a lot of stuff, wrong on others. Wrong is usually defined as it didn't happen because it couldn't ge to the floor.

14. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Give them a dose of their own medicine. Attach a bill on there to ban Democrats, and Liberals.

15. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

If conservatives ever build a solid enough platform that they are all willing to stand on, the liberals are toast.

16. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Brian made this up- along with all of his other routine fairy tales

The only thing to remember is that Obama would not have been elected President the second time if the Tea Party had not run 3 million Republican voters away from voting

It is sad- reading Brians fairy tales and knowing he is part of the tea party crew that lost the election

The only reason Brian claims to be tea party is because he is too cheap to actually give money to a real party or to belong to the NRA

Regards from Iowa

Gene

17. darr

darr Well-Known Member

Yeah those TEA partiers,what a bunch of kooks.Imagine a party that is for less taxes,free markets,individual responsibility,fiscal responsibility.Where the hell do they get off with this stuff.

Darr

18. Brian in Oregon

This came from a friend who is involved with gun legislation and later from a local NRA rep who unofficially got it from a congressional staffer who would not go on record. That's why I was not specific, and that's as much info as I am going to provide. It has NOT been verified. That's why the word "feedback" was deliberately chosen. It is a "heads up" notification.

If some of you want to behave like immature schoolchildren and other clueless delusional Idiots Out Walking Around, well, I can't do much about that. But you've shown everyone here what kind of kooks you are.

19. drgondog

drgondog Member

Brian - consider the sources of the sniping. Recall that never has any of them questioned Obama, CT, NY, IL or CA anti gun legislation, or Feinstein, Schumer, Boxer, et al for their attacks on gun ownership.

You know and I know, that these clowns are not on this forum for trapshooting or pigeon or bunkerhooting discussions.

I am pretty new but I have been tracking the threads they put up - so far I haven't found one that devotes 100% to Trapshooter.com primary constituents.

What do we infer from this? I have been playing 'reverse troll' on Huffington, Washington Post, NYT, etc to play Devils's Advocate, but I o believe that there is an organized pool of bloogers and trolls that denigrate he NRA/Tea Party/Boehner/Repubs in order to orchestrate opposition to Budget cuts, investigations nto Fast and Furious, Benghazi, Security Leaks, etc.

EVERYODY need to pay attention to those websites. The easiest way to neuter the Trolls is to flat ignore them.

20. Brian in Oregon

You're right. Most of them are anti-gun infiltrators, most of whom don't even own a gun or are elitists who think everything but their skeet gun should be banned. Pity they're allowed to pollute this site. Especially with the track record some of them have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.