1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Demorat Kennedy Bill

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Trab, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trab

Trab TS Member

I urge ALL gun owners to read this. Go the to link above and read "Kennedy Bill Could Send Your Gun Info Into A Massive Federal Database".

2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Who do I complain to, Kennedy and Kerry? Surely you jest. I can't beleive what's going on in this Country. Sad, Bob

3. drh08

drh08 TS Member

You believe this??? WOW!!! The premise of the entire article is to put your medical records in a government database. Have you any idea what that would take????? You couldn't accomplish this in 10 years if you tried. There are so many hurdles to doing this I can't even list them all.
    1. You would need to change how all health care accesses medical records because now you have them all in the same location.

2. You need to standardize the application used by all, train everyone on it, not to mention the mass load of data which would require a conversion for all because we all store this stuff different.

3. Who is going to put up the data center for this and who is going to be in charge of it, who is going to train everyone and what makes anyone think your local place is going to go through the trouble????

This is a laughable scare tactic story from someone that is taking it for granted you don't understand Information Technology infrastructure.

4. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

I understand it is 600 pages long. Having Kennedy's office create any so-called reform is a joke. The government will cost many their private plans especially through employers. For example, if the employer isn't required to keep insurance, say a retiree, then if they could dump you off onto a government plan, then I believe they will. Now say if the bill is written that employers provide insurance to employees or pay some penalty is one issue, but unfortunately, retirees are NOT employees since they do not pay FICA, accrue vacation and so on, then anything goes. These Congressmen are going to screw you if you're covered by insurance either thru additional taxes or making your benefits taxable; i.e., treated as earnings. Beware of trading one so-called crisis for another one. Komrad Darrell

5. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Yea the government runs so many things so well.lol Postal service bankrupt,medicare bankrupt,social security bankrupt,GM bankrupt yeah sounds like they got it going on. They need money they steal it from you and me and then act like they did us a favor. BIGGEST SCAM IN THE WORLD,THE US GOVERNMENT!

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

drh08, why would anyone want the government to document or even attempt to assemble this personal stuff?
    Reminds me of the Nazis. Anytme I see drh08 on thread, I know it's pro-Obama, pro lib., and BS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.