1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

democrat gun owners

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by grammie, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grammie

grammie TS Member

The entire state of Illinois is an example.....They are a democratic state,,,a "strong" democratic state,,,and also,,a "Union" state....

South of Chicago are appx 7 million people that are fierce pro-gun advocates,,,they hunt,,fish,,they enjoy the outdoors,,they are farmers,,welders,,machinists,,painters,,drywallers,,they work on the rivers,,in the fields,,all over...They are Democrats.....

AKA Grammie.....

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Just because the Democrat party has been hijacked by insane liberal fanatics doesn't mean they are all bad.

It seems the vociferous aggressive greedy types don't care what party they are in, they just figured politics is the way to feed their desire for money and power.

Washington needs a good house cleaning.

HM

3. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

In DC Ted Kennedy, Rowen come to mind first. I'm sure Webb of Va. Couric who a states person who was a dem. She had taken the course to get her carry permit and then got a gun. she was a anti gun Dem.

4. ArmySGM

ArmySGM Member

As usual Grammie has screwed up again. I live south of Chicago and I'm an

American. Not Republican and not a Democrat as I vote for the man, not the

party. Once we all realize that , the faster we'll get people who represent

the people in office instead of the party. As I've always said about the two

part system. Divide and Conquer..

Gary

5. Oysterboy

Oysterboy TS Member

Gimme a break. While many (likely the majority) gun owners are Republicans, most gun owners I know are not single-issue voters. Some of us do care about other issues such as the budget crisis, heath care, environmental concerns, education and competence in government. You may have different views than mine, but we are both gun owners and shooting enthusiasts.

6. romie

romie Active Member

In the south they are gillions of them mostly in gangs the treehugger type that live up north don't like it here.
    monty

7. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

There was a Dem who HUNTED and rented a space to a gun dealer and shot skeet. When he was runnng for re-election he kicked out the gun dealer from the building he rented and then preached anti gun while still going to hunts and skeet shoots. You are either one or the other but do not put one foot on one side of the line and the other foot on the other.

8. smartass

smartass TS Member

I don't know about the political parties, but liberals almost always hate guns and the people who own them and conservatives don't. Not all Democrats are liberals, but most I've seen are.

9. halfmile

Anonymous, you need to look further back than the last decade at liberalism.

The liberal movement has been hijacked by fanatics. Today's liberals are, indeed gun hating entitlement mentality pukes.

There is nothing wrong with human rights. There is nothing wrong with taking care of each other. there is nothing wrong with responsible union organization. These are liberal tenets.

Put the paintbrush down and try to figure it out for yourself.

HM

10. halfmile

Yours too.

HM

11. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Politically, it would be difficult for me to be a democrat and a gun advocate. Is not the party actively pursuing some more stringent national gun laws? Reformation of the Brady bill? and pushing some radical environmental positions that will eliminate hunting on a majority of Public land? It seems that these views are never on national news, and seldom specific, but everytime theres a fight on one of these subjects it's the Dems against the Repubs.

Not trying to start a fight, would just like to hear the theory from the other side of the fence. Also does the NRA support any democrats?

12. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

i've never seen a place that allowed hunting of any kind, bow or gun, within a village limits.

brett d.

13. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Maybe Maclellan was referring to elected Dumocrats, you know the ones in control of the government.

"Like her old mans security detail don't pack heat!
    Of course the neighbor is a moron for supporting Giuliani also.

RALEIGH, N.C. -- Elizabeth Edwards says she is scared of the "rabid, rabid Republican" who owns property across the street from her Orange County home -- and she doesn't want her kids going near the gun-toting neighbor.

Edwards, the wife of Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, particularly recalls the time neighbor Monty Johnson brought out a gun while chasing workers investigating a right of way off his property. The Edwards family has yet to meet Johnson in person.

"I wouldn't be nice to him anyway," Edwards said in an interview. "I don't want my kids anywhere near some guy who when he doesn't like somebody, the first thing he does is pull a gun out. It scares the business out of me."

But Johnson defended the occasion he brandished a gun, saying those on his land didn't have the proper approval.

"I use the gun for protection, and I considered that an appropriate time," Johnson said. "Sometimes you have to take drastic measures."

Edwards views Johnson as a "rabid, rabid Republican" who refuses to clean up his "slummy" property just to spite her family, whose lavish 28,000-square-foot estate is nearby on 102 wooded acres.

Johnson, 55, acknowledges his Republican roots. But he takes offense to the suggestion he has purposefully left his property, including an old garage that he leases for use as a car shop, in dilapidated condition.

Johnson said he has lived his entire life on the property, which he said his family purchased before the Great Depression. He said he's spent a lot of money to try and fix up the 42-acre tract.

"I have to budget. I have to leave within my means," Johnson said. "I don't have millions of dollars to fix the place."

Johnson, who has posted a "Go Rudy Giuliani 2008" sign on a fence just 100 feet from the entrance to the Edwards' driveway, has criticized Edwards for the scale of their nearby home. The property and home, which includes an indoor basketball court, an indoor handball court and an indoor pool, is valued at $5.3 million.

The Edwardses are still putting the final touches on the property, which they purchased in 2003.

"I thought he was supposed to be for the poor people," Johnson said. "But does he ever socialize with any poor people? He doesn't speak to me."

Johnson said he has put his property on the market, in part blaming the high property taxes for his decision to leave. He also wants to move for another reason.

"I don't want to live somewhere where someone's always complaining about me," he said"

14. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Sammie, Don't go spastic again. Answer my question. Is not the party pushing what appears to be anti gun / anti hunting bills? I don't care who's name is on the bill, it's who's pushing it that affects me.

15. halfmile

For a long time, in green Bay, Wisconsin, A little known fact was that it was not illegal to hunt within city limits.

This of course was subject to the State laws regarding proximity to occupied buildings, and control of your projectiles.

There was a farm inside city limits that had a nice pond on it that was used by Canada Geese.

Many of them were harvested.

Today, of course we have ordinances about fireartm discharge, etc.

With regard to the political statements here and elsewhere, NEITHER PARTY HAS ANYTHING TO BE PROUD OF!

Power, Prestige, and money.

All the people cheering the Dem takeover are choking now at Pelosi's antics.

It isn't even the lesser of 2 evils anymore. The corruption is so unbelievable it defies the imagination.

Marion Barry(sp?) gets re elected as Mayor of DC.

cold Cash jefferson gets the Homeland security job.

After 10 years, they stall the minimum wage increase while voting themselves $35,000.00 a year in pay increases.

Let's face it, folks, the people have lost control. An unthinking electorate lets these bastards continue to kill America.

It will take something more drastic than 9/11 to arouse them and by then it will be too late.

Stock up on powder, primers, and bullets.

HM

16. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

This thread is mostly fun, but narrow minds think on skinny paths.

Almost thirty years ago when it was time to pick a party, my dad and the people that where role models in my young life, made a strong case for picking the dem party. I do not beleave that I made the wrong choice even though the party has become a hangout for wacko people.

Every primary I try to learn who deserves my vote, and after every primary when some wacko has won, not a single dem that I know knows of anybody that voted for the wacko, always makes us think is this really America, or is the fix in to get all these wacko's a better chance to into office.

I think the real power of the wacko is drive broad minded people out of a party and the real loser is the INDE. that willing gave up their vioce on how the party should be run and by who!

I am a gun nut, gun owner, gunsmith, Shotgunner, birds are first love to shoot, trap and skeet and even five stand come in about equally high on the list, and any shooting sport will get my attention to some degree, and

yes a member of the dem party, that has a hope that if enough inde drope outs came back maybe we could right the ship!

Al

17. smartass

smartass TS Member

I enjoyed the liberal idiot lovefest by halfwit and sammie.

18. halfmile

Anonymous, I'm as far from a liberal as you can possibly imagine, within your limits.

Your foil hat must be losing its strength.

HM

19. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Dove commander is right. Answer which party is pushing for more bans and restrictions. You know the answer is the Democrats and not the Republicans are anti gun, maybe not all but the majority of the ones in Congress are...Bill

20. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I'm a "South Park Republican".<br>
    <br>
    Our philosophy is, "I hate the Republicans, but I REALLY ####ing hate the Democrats".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

democrat gun owners