1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

democrat Beretta barrel- to far left

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by energy, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. energy

energy TS Member

What do you do about a 682 sgl barrel that shoots ( at 30 yards) about 8" to the left? I can't move the adjustable comb any further to the right to compensate. And of course, beads don't come close to lining up when target is centered with shot. Got it used, so I can't go to Beretta; not free anyway. I'm contacting them this coming week to see what they say.
    Anyone have any experience with this problem. I've heard of bending the barrel but have not tried it.
    thanks for any help,

Bob

2. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

It might be the fault of a barrel that wasn't drilled with the correct alignment for the choke tube.

Or, it might be that the rib is the problem. If this is an unsingle, that makes it even more likely, IMO, that it is a rib problem.

Bending the barrel MIGHT be an option for correcting the problem, but it might cause other problems such as rib problems or a wandering POI when the barrel heats up.

You could also purchase some special made chokes to compensate for the problem. Briley does this type of choke work.

Or, you could purchase a new add-on rib that corrects the problem.

3. energy

energy TS Member

Great ideas. Thanks.
    Bob

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I would sight line the barrel (looking through the barrel) on a fixed target (paper one with cross-hairs), without the choke tube if so equiped, then look down the rib to see where the beads line up. If the barrel and the beads are pointing in the same place (within reason due to POI) then the choke tube is off. This can be further verified by using a laser bore sighter that slides into the end of the barrel.

If it is a fixed choke barrel you should be able to see the consentrics and tell wether or not they are symetrical. A barrel bent that much should show up pretty easy by looking at the "rings".

Check the rib by using a good straight edge. Check it on all 3 sides for straightness.

A good gunsmith should be able to do this for you pretty inexpensively if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself.

ec90t

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Consider that the possibility that you are causing the gun to shoot left. A gun that doesn't fit properly can recoil excessively, and in the hands of a right handed shooter the gun will kick up and left. It does this because the left hand on the fore-end pulls the gun across the body.
    There is seldom a complaint from right handed shooters that their gun shoots to the RIGHT.
    One obvious way to check this is to shoot the gun left handed, or have a left-handed shooter shoot it. If it still shoots to the left, you know it's the gun-not you.

6. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

sell it to a democrat he won't shoot it anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.