1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dem. Platform

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Westie, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Westie

Westie Member

Just heard the Dem. Party has left out or removed God from their platform. I think we need God now more than ever, and I'll bet many Dems agree. Also a measure to insure taxpayer paid abortions. I'm not a religious fanatic but I am a Christian. I think those that left out the Lord's name will be sorry.

2. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

I want to go on record when I say that Dick Durbin is a POS COWARD and an anti-religious, ant-Israel scum sack. What a bunch of gutter trash. The democrat party is disgusting.

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Well your rights are 'given' by the gov't and therefore can be ELIMINATED by them.....

4. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

From their 2012 platform:

Faith.

Faith has always been a central part of the American story, and it has been a driving force of progress and justice throughout our history. We know that our nation, our communities, and our lives are made vastly stronger and richer by faith and the countless acts of justice and mercy it inspires.

Faithbased organizations will always be critical allies in meeting the challenges that face our nation and our world – from domestic and global poverty, to climate change and human trafficking.

People of faith and religious organizations do amazing work in communities across this country and the world, and we believe in lifting up and valuing that good work, and finding ways to support it where possible. We believe in constitutionally sound, evidence-based partnerships with faith-based and other non-profit organizations to serve those in need and advance our shared interests.

There is no conflict between supporting faith-based institutions and respecting our Constitution, and a full commitment to both principles is essential for the continued flourishing of both faith and country.

Now read this from Joe Lieberman:

While working on the 1996 Democratic platform, Lieberman says he noticed that “the preceding few had an omission: the name of God. It is part of who we are as a people. I asked, have you checked any polling lately? God is running ahead of any living politician. So we put in a reference.” Leaders, he says, should “connect with the majority by reflecting their best values and living by them.” Republicans have often “unsettled people” with talk of religious values. But the alternative is not to be “neutral or mute.” “People need sources of morality for good behavior,” he argues, “and there is none better than religion.”

Read the complete article here: http://tinyurl.com/c3gbta8

5. Westie

Westie Member

From "One nation,under God", to "a critical ally". They will support good faith based work where possible. Guess they pretty much have things under control. As for me, I still need His help and I don't mind saying so.

6. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Wolf in sheeps clothing.

7. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

For the leftists, they are god. Therefore faith based means faith in them, that is, government and the organizations such as ACORN and Planned Parenthood they support, to do their version of good is what they really mean.

8. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

All right WS-1 !

blade819

9. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Blade,

Thank you. I was overcome by the heat of the moment. I would like to rephrase my closing sentence to read, "democrats like Dick Durbin are disgusting."

Kit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.