1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dem Mag Ban to be snuck onto FAA Bill

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Sorry, no link. Found this at another gun site.

Dems to Sneak Carolyn McCarthy's Magazine Ban Bill into an amendment to the Federal Aviation Administration Bill, a routine piece of generally non-controversial legislation.

I've just received word from inside sources in the U.S. Senate.

Senate Democrats are planning to execute a sneak attack on gun rights as soon as TODAY!

Their plan is to sneak Carolyn McCarthy's Magazine Ban into law as an amendment to the Federal Aviation Administration Bill, a routine piece of generally non-controversial legislation.

And they hope YOU won't notice.

That's why you and I need to make our voices heard RIGHT NOW!

We need to let them know we're watching them like a hawk!

Please call Sen. Dan Coats at (202) 224-5623 and Sen. Richard Lugar at (202) 224-4814.

Make sure they know about this scheme and that they must oppose Carolyn McCarthy's Magazine Ban every step of the way whether it's attached as an amendment or not.

And make sure they know you're watching.

Thanks for taking action,

Dudley Brown

Dudley Brown<br>
    Executive Director<br>
    National Association for Gun Rights

2. cle

cle Member

Got the same info from Dudley Brown (National Association for Gun Rights) newsletter in IL with Senators' phone numbers:

Sen. Mark Kirk at (202) 224-2854 and Sen. Richard Durbin at (202) 224-2152.

3. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

do you have a link to the bill and amendments?

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Here is the bill,,,,,all 335 pages of it....

5. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

the NRA does not have this so called "secret" ban on their website as of 930am EST....found this on another gunsite:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?p=7057509#post7057509

is Dudley Brown credible? some people do not think so.....

6. atashooter

atashooter Member

What section of the bill is it in?

7. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, even Thomas.gov doesn't get all the amendments into a Bill in a timely fashion anymore. In the grandest tradition of Ms. Pee-lousy "we have to pass it to see what's in it.." you can not rely on any site to be up to date anymore. So much for Zero's 'transparent government', unless he really ment transparently corrupt.

When I read the "latest and current" posting of the O-care Act it had 1980 pages. Two weeks later when I went back to it it had 2016, today it's over 2600 pages. It's a Brave New World here today.

I don't know if this alert is accurate or not, but finding it may be a well orchestrated snipe hunt.

SSDD,
    Kip

8. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Mr Kipling is correct about finding the wording of the amendments. What I will tell you is that the ban IS NOT in S.223 as linked by a previous poster, so don't waste your time trying to find it there. As of 2/2/11 there are no amendments to this bill that were sponsored by McCarthy according to available sources. That doesn't mean they aren't going to do it, just don't waste time looking for the magazine ban in the airline bill itself at this point. Watch the amendments instead.

9. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I would go by what the NRA says. They have people specifically posted to Capitol Hill to monitor such things.....I never even heard of this gun rights group, National Association for Gun Rights. There are too many of these "work from home" gun rights group where the "executive director" is some no name sitting at his home computer sending out spam mail, cutting and pasting un vetted info from other unreliable sources.

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Regardless, it bears maintaining vigilance. Keep in mind that this is exactly how they put a poison pill into the NRA's Firearms owner Protection Act in 1986.

11. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Not much new yet from what I can see, although for business owners there is some good news, one amendment that was tacked on to it proposes to repeal the onerous 1099 reporting provisions of the PPA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.