1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dem Gun Ban Plans

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    WHERE are the idiots who posted here that this wasn't going to happen? Oh, yeah, they disappeared the day after the election. Pity the mods didn't figure out they were simply Democratic Underground trolls who never did any trapshooting.<br>
    <br>
    Democrats' proposed gun ban list revealed<br>
    <br>
    By Alan Korwin<br>
    <br>
    Slipping below the radar (or under the short-term memory cap), the Democrats have already leaked a gun-ban list, even under the Bush administration when they knew full well it had no chance of passage (HR 1022, 110th Congress). It serves as a framework for the new list the Bradys plan to introduce shortly.<br>
    <br>
    I have an outline of the Brady's current plans and targets of opportunity, I'm working on getting that news out asap after these ban lists, probably be ready in the next few days. It's horrific. They’re going after the courts, regulatory agencies, firearms dealers and statutes in an all out effort to restrict we the people. They've made little mention of criminals.<br>
    <br>
    Now more than ever, attention to the entire Bill of Rights is critical. Gun bans will impact our freedoms under search and seizure, due process, confiscated property, states rights, free speech, right to assemble and more, in addition to the Second Amendment.<br>
    <br>
    The Democrats' current gun-ban-list proposal (final list will be worse):<br>
    <br>
    Rifles (or copies or duplicates):<br>
    <br>
    M1 Carbine, Sturm Ruger Mini-14, AR-15, Bushmaster XM15, Armalite M15, AR-10, Thompson 1927, Thompson M1;<br>
    <br>
    AK, AKM, AKS, AK-47, AK-74, ARM, MAK90, NHM 90, NHM 91, SA 85, SA 93, VEPR;<br>
    <br>
    Olympic Arms PCR; AR70, Calico Liberty, Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle or Dragunov SVU, Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, or FNC, Hi-Point Carbine, HK-91, HK-93, HK-94, HK-PSG-1, Thompson 1927 Commando, Kel-Tec Sub Rifle;<br>
    <br>
    Saiga, SAR-8, SAR-4800, SKS with detachable magazine, SLG 95, SLR 95 or 96, Steyr AU, Tavor, Uzi, Galil and Uzi Sporter, Galil Sporter, or Galil Sniper Rifle (Galatz).<br>
    <br>
    Pistols (or copies or duplicates):<br>
    <br>
    Calico M-110, MAC-10, MAC-11, or MPA3, Olympic Arms OA, TEC-9, TEC-DC9, TEC-22 Scorpion, or AB-10, Uzi.<br>
    <br>
    Shotguns (or copies or duplicates):<br>
    <br>
    Armscor 30 BG, SPAS 12 or LAW 12, Striker 12, Streetsweeper.<br>
    <br>
    Catch-all category (for anything missed or new designs):<br>
    <br>
    A semiautomatic rifle that accepts a detachable magazine and has (i) a folding or telescoping stock, (ii) a threaded barrel, (iii) a pistol grip (which includes ANYTHING that can serve as a grip, see below), (iv) a forward grip; or a barrel shroud.<br>
    <br>
    Any semiautomatic rifle with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds (except tubular magazine .22 rimfire rifles).<br>
    <br>
    A semiautomatic pistol that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine, and has (i) a second pistol grip, (ii) a threaded barrel, (iii) a barrel shroud or (iv) can accept a detachable magazine outside of the pistol grip, and (v) a semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.<br>
    <br>
    A semiautomatic shotgun with (i) a folding or telescoping stock, (ii) a pistol grip (see definition below), (iii) the ability to accept a detachable magazine or a fixed magazine capacity of more than 5 rounds, and (iv) a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.<br>
    <br>
    Frames or receivers for the above are included, along with conversion kits.<br>
    <br>
    Attorney General gets carte blanche to ban guns at will:<br>
    <br>
    Under the proposal, the U.S. Attorney General can add any "semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General." Note that Obama's pick for this office (Eric Holder, confirmation hearing set for Jan. 15) wrote a brief in the Heller case supporting the position that you have no right to have a working firearm in your own home.<br>
    <br>
    In making this determination, the bill says, "there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event."<br>
    <br>
    In plain English this means that ANY firearm ever obtained by federal officers or the military is not suitable for the public.<br>
    <br>
    That presumption can be challenged only by suing the federal government over each firearm it decides to ban, in a court it runs with a judge it pays. This virtually dismisses the principles of the Second Amendment.<br>
    <br>
    The last part is particularly clever, stating that a firearm doesn’t have a sporting purpose just because it can be used for sporting purpose -- is that devious or what? And of course, "sporting purpose" is a rights infringement with no constitutional or historical support whatsoever, invented by domestic enemies of the right to keep and bear arms to further their cause of disarming the innocent.<br>
    <br>
    If these near-total bans aren't enough, the most dangerous part may be the phrase "pistol grip" because: "The term 'pistol grip' means a grip, a thumbhole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip." In other words, any semi-auto long gun with a grip (that's ALL semi-auto long guns) would be banned under the existing proposal. It's not clear what they hope to achieve by deceptively banning guns with grips instead of just calling to ban the guns -- even an idjit can tell it's the same thing.<br>
    <br>
    I didn't cover here all the magazine bans, transfer bans, dealer record-keeping and centralized reporting, and a host of nuisance details -- there will be time enough for that when the new lists are released soon: "As soon as President-elect Obama is inaugurated and the 111th Congress is sworn in," according to Ms. Brady. Congress is set to be sworn in on Jan. 6, Inauguration Day is Jan. 20.<br>
    <br>
    No one expects the new proposal to be less abusive than the current one supported by the party of the Democrats. Remember -- these bans were proposed when the congressional anti-rights crowd had no chance of success. Now they are ready to run wild, or according to Sarah herself, "I have never been so confident." The "news" media has failed to report on any of this, preferring instead to blare that the incoming president supports the Second Amendment and commonsense (sic) laws.<br>
    <br>
    To see the whole bill, go to http://thomas.loc.gov and search for HR 1022, (switch to the 110th Congress if the 111th has begun).<br>
    <br>
    The excellent Firearms Coalition started by the late Neal Knox and now run by his family members makes these important points about the upcoming Judiciary hearings for AG nominee Holder:<br>
    <br>
    "The Democrat members of the Judiciary Committee are all sworn enemies to the Second Amendment and are unlikely to be swayed at all by any firearms related arguments, but might hesitate to confirm based on Holder’s participation in the pardons of 16 Puerto Rican terrorists and billionaire financier and arms merchant Marc Rich [and perhaps the Elian Gonzalez abduction by federal agents Holder authorized]. Any letters to Democrats should focus on those issues.<br>
    <br>
    "On the Republican side, Arlen Specter, the ranking Republican on the committee has never been a friend to gun rights, but he owes his reelection to NRA support and has expressed concern over the pardon issues. Among the other Republicans, most are relatively reliable votes, but only Coburn has routinely taken a leadership role on Second Amendment matters. All of them need to be pressed hard to do everything they can to block the appointment.<br>
    <br>
    "For more information about Eric Holder and why his appointment must be fought tooth and nail, go to our web site at http://www.FirearmsCoalition.org ."

2. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

"Pity the mods didn't figure out they were simply Democratic Underground trolls who never did any trapshooting."

The pathetic fact is that some actual shooters were naive enough to believe the liberals lies, and STILL repeat the same lies.

3. Brian in Oregon

Oh, yeah, and where are those in our own ranks who said that the Heller decision protects us from this crap? We TOLD you it would not deter the anti-gunners one iota.

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The revolution is here!

5. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

The most interesting thing here is how much stuff there is underground and what will the grabbers do about it. How far will they go to get it surfaced? What will they do when it does surface?

6. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

We didn't coin the phrase "Useful Idiots", they did...........about their own. And, man does the shoe fit!

IMO,

Kip

7. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Like WE didn't see this coming.

Where is that good for NOTHING POS "trapshooter" that said "I own 8 guns and the AWB didn't effect me".

GONE like the rest of the obama PIMPS.

And some of these guys think our country in NOT in distress. Wake the F up you sheep.

The "List" comes to mind.

Tom(AJ100)

[​IMG]

8. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Most except a couple of the mental retards have left to go back to their liberal commie blogs. Hunker down boys, it's gonna be a long 4 years!!!!!!

9. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

This could lead to the 2nd. shot that was heard around the world.

10. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

I went back and found who made that statement. Actualy, he made a couple more that should not be forgotten.

Email:
    Date: Wed, Nov 05, 2008 - 06:21 PM ET
    Website Address:

"Since I can remember (1951)....no Pres. (JFK thru Carter) has taken my guns away. I think there are (at least there should be)more important issues right now for a President.I will venture to say that I'm still shooting trap for 4 more years !

And this one: "And the 1994 AWB did what to my 8 guns...........NOTHING. What do you require to be a man .........an AK7???? Paranoia?"

And another great post:
    "P F,,ing 'S.........take your PRO 2 AMENDMENT crap and shove it.There's NO ONE at my club that has ever had there guns takin' away...and NEVER WILL, AGAIN.....

Tom(AJ100)

[​IMG]

11. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

It's pathetic how some believe that denying the right to posses is any different than "taken". For 32 years, the honest citizens of D.C. were denied the right to posses a handgun. It had already happened.

12. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

I remember that PEBO said that he supported the 1st amendment and I'm sure supernegro wouldn't lie.

13. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Surely the Kool Aid drinkers thought the "Chosen One" wouldn't lie to his nit wit followers about guns would He?...Bill

14. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Start with one type of gun(s), then are the single shot trap guns next? I believe in the NRA and have been a member 45 years and hope the readers join. What we're going to see is anti-gun legislation pass through quicker than crap passing through a goose. This stuff will stick on you if the goose takes off. Be prepared as it starts on January 20th or 21st (once the Washington balls are over). This will be the slippery slope (perfect storm) that I believe is coming. By the way, I'm an optimist. Darrell

15. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

while many don't belong to the NRA,,,,it may be the best $35 you can spend,,,,you little hunters that thought it would not affect you,,,,remember the bolt action 30.06 or 391/1100 you use for "hunting",,,,"...the bill says, "there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event."....well, Bubba maybe you should have paid ATTENTION to "other" guns which meant nothing to you,,,,to a politician/liberal/anti-gunner ALL GUNS ARE THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. KenC

KenC Member

HR 1022 has been ready since July.

I just wonder how long the CCW on Natl. Parks will survive (it went into effect today I believe).

It seems like we are indeed headed in the direction of the "One Worlders" which really stinks (I wanted to use a stronger phrase there). Our reps want us to become one with the rest of the world; BS!!! Imagine, a wonderful one world government, headed by some clown from France, telling us what to do; dragging us down to their level.

Just remember, you can't have totalitarianism (usually followed by some form of genocide) without first disarming the citizens.

17. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

This guy should be the poster child for all the anti 2nd Amendment, liberal, leftists, gun grabbers trying to run our country. Or should I say ruin our country?

This is the type of thinking the gun grabbers count on.

Subject: HOW WILL AN OBAMA WIN AFFECT OUR SHOOTING SPORTS?
    Email: Dahaub
    Date: Wed, Nov 05, 2008 - 10:03 PM ET
    Website Address:

"I don't think there will be any changes made to our shooting sports to answer your question. To those of you who think the worst is going to happen and your arms will be taken by the government I believe you are correct. :( You better reload every hull you have and then start burying what you can't hide in the back yard. Then put on a stiff pot of coffee and barracade yourselves in your gun rooms and get ready for the brown shirts to come knocking. Good luck and make those brown shirts pay for taking your arms. Make them pry that last one from your cold dead hands. Oh one other thing is that the wait for the brown shirts won't last so long if you order a pizza and take the delivery boy hostage. They will put you on the top of their list. Then you can get even with them:) Good grief Charlie Brown you guys can dream up a lot of bad things to happen to us. We are in a recession not equaled since 1929 and you guys are bitching about things that haven't happened yet. Get a clue and don't dream up nitemares. Dan t"

Brilliant, just friggin brilliant.

When the AG decides, on his own, to ban this guys turkey hunting shotgun because it has a "pistol grip" and serves no purpose for "sporting use" he will be the first to cry and ask the rest of us for help.

I told them all before. Don't thank us. Just be on your way.

Tom(AJ100)

[​IMG]

18. tom-n8ies

tom-n8ies Member

Obama = Liar

Dems fear us law abiding citizens while we have guns.

Dems can't do anything about criminals with guns so they don't worry about that.

Take our guns then they still won't worry about the criminals and they will no longer have to worry about law abiding citizens either.

Now they are going to tax cows and pigs because they fart.

Spread the wealth around.

I hope all you guys that voted Hussein in are the first to get your guns grabbed and your farts taxed.

@#$%^&* idiots

tom

19. ChillyW

ChillyW TS Member

Do you people even check the facts on these things, or do you just swallow it all hook, line, and sinker?

Check the facts. The link to the first article sends you to a website where you can see the bill for yourself. I also recommend this one: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-1022 Either way, find out the truth for yourself - don't just start running around like a headless chicken screaming about the falling sky.

First: HR 1022 was introduced during the 110th Congress. The 110th session of Congress is over, and this bill never went through any processes to become law. It's now a dead issue. Wiped from the books.

Second: It was introduced by one individual Democrat. McCarthy, from New York. It's not some great conspiracy. It was, however, co-sponsored by a bunch of morons in office. You might want to go look up who they are, and send them a quick note to tell them how you feel. One of them was from my wonderfully liberal state of Minnesota, so I'll be sending off my own note.

Third: You should be keeping your eyes open and watching out for the *next* gun-grab attempt, not the last one that's already failed.

Finally: As a pro-gun liberal (yes, there are such things) it kind of pisses me off when you lump us all together and assume we're all trying to take your guns away. Kind of like you probably resent the liberals thinking you're all a bunch of redneck crackers who think it's funny to light your farts on fire and can't spell your own name without an X. That's okay, I'll get over it; and I'm still on your side. Even if you don't like it.

20. Brian in Oregon

It's being resurrected.<br>
    <br>
    And reports coming in is that the anti's are working towards not putting a grandfather clause in it. Meaning an outright ban.<br>
    <br>
    As for gun owning liberals, isn't that like Jews for Hitler?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.