1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Delta Labor Day Shoot

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by Alex Ragulsky, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex Ragulsky

Alex Ragulsky TS Member

I would like to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU to the Delta Trap Club for their hard work in hosting the 52nd Annual Labor Day Shoot. The weather was pretty close to perfect with a little wind and some clouds punctuating mild temps.

The crowds were very reasonable and the shoot ran smoothly. Everyone was very friendly and there was no complaining! Amazing and a tribute to the professionalism and friendliness of Delta's staff as they once again put on a great shoot.

The scores were prtty good with the doubles being won with a 99. Nevada's Ron Vhristensen won one of the handicap events with a 100! And that was in cloud cover so it was kind of dark. He broke the handicap harder than most people hit singles.

There were eight 100 straights but only three had to shoot off Sunday afternoon. Those three shooters ran another 100 straight and decided to carry the tie over into Monday's handicap. Mitch Hamilton won the carry over with a 25 straight in the first sub-event of Monday's handicap. The scores are a testiment not only to the shooter's abilities but also to Delta's ability to throw a good target with a great background AND NO WIND!

I am not sure of Monday's handicap scores as I took off before everything was posted. Even with the smaller than normal crowd there was about $9,000.00 in the Calcutta. Speaking of that the dinner was great. No dried steak and stale corn in Delta! This was one of the best Calcutta dinners I've ever had.

Thanks again Delta! Once agin you threw an excellent shoot without any problems. Now if I could just hit those right angles from post 5!

Respectfully,

Alex Ragulsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.