1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Del's Tracers - Field Test Report

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by EXFDX, Sep 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EXFDX

EXFDX Member

Del's free samples arrived yesterday. I loaded three rounds and took them out to the club today.

I removed three rounds from my twenty-five and replaced them with three tracers. I mixed them all up in my pocket so I would not know when I would be shooting a tracer.

As it turned out, the first round was a tracer. Six weeks since my last shot, so the firsty bird surprised me a little. Tracer went low, left on a hard left from #1. I would have bet a paycheck that I had shot over it. I played back my Phil Kiner clinic tape in my head, and imagined that I hesitated (bead checked) and then jumped after the bird but touched it off too soon. I still thought I was right and the tracer was wrong.

The other two tracer rounds went directly through the center of the target clouds. I mean centered! So I guess that first round really was low left.

Rounds were very bright and easy to track -- even on a very sunny day. Of course if you are properly eyeballing the bird, you will only "see" the last twenty feet or so of the flight of the tracer. Someone observing would be able to seee the entire flight.

In regard to loading…I shoot one ounce loads. My MEC is a little "jumpy", so when the shot dropped some would jiggle out of the top due to the loader jerking in mid-cycle. I do wonder if these wads will accept a 1-1/8 ounce load, though, but Del can explain that better than I.

For what it's worth…

Steve Oehmen

PS - No one laughed. Some jaws dropped and I got a lot of questions, but no laughter.

2. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

According to Del, the wads were designed and pressure tested for 1 1/8 OZ. loads.

3. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

I loaded my normal 470 gr handicap load in Old style AA with good crimps and no shot spillage with my RCBS "The Grand". Haven't had the opportunity to shoot them yet but will this Sunday (tomorrow). Richard

4. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Where does one get this tracer material? Any info would be appreciated.

Bill

5. EXFDX

EXFDX Member

l-t-s, check the thread titled "12 guage tracer loads" -- I think that's it. The guy who started the thread is Del. He makes the product and his email address is listed a bit further down in the thread. He is offfering free samples. He sent me ten to try.

Steve