1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DELRIN ADD ON RIB %%%%%

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BIG PAPA, Aug 29, 2013.

1. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

bigpapa_2008_0303_1.jpg

I recently purchased a Alfermann trap gun that the POI was 80-20. I have been shooting one that is 100% high. Got a solution that I wanted to share with all my TS. friends. I gave the gun to Dave Berlet in New Knoxville, Ohio and told him I wanted the two guns to shoot exactly the same. Dave took some measurements from the gun that is shooting 100% and said no problem. The quick and reasonable priced solution was to build a delrin rib for the gun that was shooting 80-20. Dave suggested we try one of the new "short" ribs that a lot of gun mfg's are marketing now. I said okey go for it. As you can see from the pictures the rib is 18 inches long instead of the normal 28 inches. Dave matched the tapered contour of the original rib. He milled (undercut) the rib so it hugs over the side of the rib. Dave said this is a for sure way of keeping the rib straight etc. What a super neat high quality job. I was very impressed. The pictures are as good as I could get them with my cell phone.

So, any of you folks out there who have a fixed rib gun and would like to change the POI this is one solution. If anyone is interested in more information on the process etc Contact Dave. His phone number is 419-753-2557. You will not be disappointed with the quality of his work.

bigpapa_2008_0303_111.jpg

bigpapa_2008_0303_18.jpg

bigpapa_2008_0303_14.jpg

bigpapa_2008_0303_110.jpg

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I'm might have to do that. I need my Mx8 to shoot higher. How is it attached?

3. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

He uses a double sided tape to hold the rib on. No holes, screws nothing. I am sure if you call Dave he could give you more information.

4. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

I have his ribs on my MX-3 and TM-1 Perazzi barrels (three) they worked great and the price is right too.

Terry.

5. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

How wide can he go on these ribs? Ron

6. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

I have no idea. I would suggest you contact Dave and ask him that question. As far as I know he has no limit on width. I think the longest he can make is around 28-29 inches.

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Dave does fantastic work.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

8. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

OK, question or maybe clarification. If you have a gun that shoots 80/20 and you are trying to achieve 100% high why would you raise your rib? Isn't that counter productive? Wouldn't you raise your comb and/or lower your rib?

Pull.....

Bryan

9. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

I did raise the comb. I did not like the huge gap between the beads that was in front of me when I mounted the gun. On a gun the has an adjustable rib you would lower the front on the rib and raise the back of the rib (if possible). All this does is change the sight picture. Then raise the comb until you get the sight picture you are wanting. Raising the comb is the only way you actually get the gun to shooter higher. Do you agree?

10. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Yes I agree, but when you say raising the comb is the ONLY way is not entirely correct. If you have an adjustable rib you can get the gun to shoot higher by adjusting the rib.

I get what you are saying in regards to the gaps between the beads.

Bryan