1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Delrin add on rib: prone to being dented/loosening

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sernv99, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I'm looking at an extra set of Perazzi 20 gauge barrels, weighing around 1.53kg. The barrels have the standard flat rib. I would like to get the rib up to a ramped rib, similar to my original factory barrels, but keep the weight under 1.60kg, hence I was considering a Delrin add-on rib.

How prone is the Delrin material to dents/bending and the adhesive loosening up during heat/humidity or high volume shooting?

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Delrin is extremely resilient. As long as you aren't slamming your gun onto the ground or into a gun rack, no risk of dents (it is probably more durable then your factory rib from that standpoint). There is no reason it should bend unless its physically forced to, and if you've applied that much force, you've probably damaged your factory rib and/or barrels anyways. I use double sided tape to attach mine, and it has never come loose or even remotely close to loose (I use the same tape as Devault, its not cheap, but it does the job well, it might be overkill for the application, but if it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me).

The only caveat with heat is that the rib will grow/expand slightly. In 90-100* heat, I find that mine grows maybe 1/16" in length. I actually thought mine had slid forward slightly when I was at a shoot, but figured out what was going on when it brought it back to the motel room and it returned to normal after a little while in the AC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.