1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Deleted

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by viperrt, May 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. viperrt

viperrt Member

I have owned mine for about a month and feel it is a very good value. I don't care for the adjustable comb hardware, it's not the easiest to use. The included recoil reducer in the stock along with the foreend weights are nice features.

2. LDAddi

LDAddi TS Member

I'll let you know in a few days...I have one coming that's supposed to arrive tomorrow. At least no one has complained yet on this thread.

More fun....

Larry

3. Two Coat

Two Coat TS Member

Have shot mine since last November, bought it from Bob Schultz after reading his reviews. I really don't have any cons to this gun and have read all posts here and from other sources. Most cons are subjective "fit" issues and that is to be expected with such an adjustable design. I will say some guns seem to be rear end heavy and seem whippy while some are nose heavy and feel sluggish. This gun is the latter, rather front end heavy and so is ok if you are a trap shooter but hard to wrestle with fast crossers in sporting clays. It's built like a tank and is easy to clean. I find the chokes seem tighter than most and it really reaches out and powders targets. So why am I shooting a Citori Plus? My biggest con is that there isn't a really easy shell catcher made yet...Some work ok but get out of alignment easily and I find myself fussing with spent cases and inserting another round rather than thinking about targets. Since I wanted an "everything" gun, I find the Citori Plus combo I purchased from CalvinMD a much better "everything" solution. Different strokes for different folks. Hope you find what you want.

4. glenfish

glenfish Member

I have had my fixed rib model for three months. Has been 100% reliable since the second 100 rounds I put thru it. Very easy to clean. A simple wipe down of the gas piston and magazine tube every 200 rounds. I take bolt and operating spring off at 500. A very soft shooting gun.
    Glen

5. viperrt

viperrt Member

Update--while at Ben Avery today, I installed the "shims" that come with the gun. Wow, really achieved a right hand offset stock and proceeded to smoke 25 targets from the 16. The rib, the comb, and the shims (along with the adjustable butt plate I had installed) make this is a very "tunable" trap gun.

6. lancelot

lancelot Member

I have been shooting one for about 3 weeks. I have put about 800 rounds through it. It took me forever to get the rib and comb adjusted to the point that it shoots where I look. This is most likely due to the fact that I am anal retentive and refused to put the adjustments to a lower POI. I would have gotten it right sooner if only the comb were adj. I still would buy the adj. rib model simply because it would have, I think, alot more resale value. I would now start out with the rib in the center and adjust the comb. I did it in the reverse order.

The gun has never malfunctioned. The recoil is softer than any I have ever shot out of the box. The gun cleans up about 4 times as fast as the mentioned tape would make you think, but the tape is a great guide.

I think I will set aside my SC3 Perazzi combo and shoot this gun for the rest of the season. The XLR 5 is as beefy as any automatic I have ever seen. It appears that it would take alot to break anything in it.

Hope this helps you. Ron Ireland

7. LDAddi

LDAddi TS Member

Ditto Viperrt, all the adjustments you will need and they really work. I just shot mine for the 1st time yesterday and is truly a soft shooter. The rib adjustment is very simple (read the manual...easy), stock shims work as described, innards look very well done, and mine has pretty decent wood on it. So far, so good, and time will tell...

Larry

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Nice try Dustoff. Now you know you can't delete an entire thread when other people have posted - and deleting the title of the thread doesn't work either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.