1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DELETED MESSAGES

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Gargoyle!, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

MIA, I agree with you. If the rules say you can people think they abuse the rule because they can. If you do not want people to see what your post or thread said then don't type anything. If your the one who deletes your threads and or posts just to say after time or to keep things clean then what are you hiding or afraid of?

2. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

MIA and Gargoyle, who are you to pass judgment on someone who deletes comments? Who the hell put you in charge?

I love the part about "Gargoyle" complaining about other people "hiding". I'll take you seriously when you post your ATA number or your real name. Until then, try to find something a bit less hypocritical to whine about. Oh, wait a minute...you don't have an ATA number, do you?

Message deleted.

3. tomk2

tomk2 Member

687EELL wrote:

"....I'ts their message, and they can do whatever they want with it....."

One can always quote the post you are responding to, thereby preventing the post from being edited or deleted afterwards and leaving your response out of context. Many other forums, with more modern software, make quoting just a click easy. By doing this, you own the quote, not the other guy, and you can do whatever you want with it.

4. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Bobdog, now thats funny. Here you are jumping on my back side calling me a HYPOCRITE for not posting my name and number and here you are not doing what you are preaching or complainnig about. What is your name? What is your ATA number? HYPOCRITE shut up!

5. nukinfuts

nukinfuts TS Member

Who's the king of "Deleted Message" ville..Nuc

6. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Pot >>> kettle >>> black.

message deleted.

7. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Question.......If someone is going to delete their message, then why not give a little more thought before posting it and just don't post it in the first place?

8. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Around here? Shirley, you jest.

9. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Hipshot you are correct. They should but remember they can't think, they only know mhow to run their mouth.

10. lumper

lumper TS Member

11. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Show 'em mhow, Gargoyle...

12. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

MIA, I did the "message deleted" thing to make a point, not because I thought it was funny. The point is this: it seems to me that we have way too many sanctimonious, condescending posts about absolute drivel, and this thread is just one example of many recently. At the end of the day, everybody goes away annoyed -- about nothing important at all. Everybody who agrees with me is cool, everybody who disagrees is stupid. Typically it's got nothing whatsoever to do with trapshooting, and everybody wants to be the Final Authority.

The original topic of this rude thread is whether we should delete our messages. I can think of many legitimate reasons why somebody would want to delete or edit their posts. Sometimes it's a good thing to delete a post made in haste, or one that is factually or logically wrong, or one that is simply inappropriate. The original poster is the only one who can judge that. As long as it's permitted here, it's not up to Gargoyle or anybody else (not to single Gargoyle out) whether that's acceptable behavior.

$.02.

13. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Too bad some parents didn't have a delete button.

14. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Jerry: Ha, good one! It's kinda like the Acorn Syndrome. Amen!

Incidentally, this may be America and America has free speech, HOWEVER this is not a totally free speech site. It is a privately owned, operated, and moderated site.

You may be able to tell someone to F/O out on the street, but here it will cost you. Also, things are a changin' as we speak. Certain IPA's are now being monitored and multiple IPA's will soon be dumped so that only one will be permitted. We have done some of that in the past, but on a limited basis and totally dependent upon the user's decorum.

Whiz

15. Pukey Stagg

Pukey Stagg TS Member

What is an IPA?

16. nukinfuts

nukinfuts TS Member

I thought someone would mention Gordy as "King Of Deleated Message".....NUc

17. smartass

smartass TS Member

What's an IPA?

18. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

Message Deleted

19. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Be careful before you delete that message.....you might make yourself disappear!

20. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

The intent would NOT be to prevent any ONE UID. I would have to assume that the same UID could be used in multiple locations, but the registeration IPA would serve at the main location.

Even I log onto TS.COM from multiple locations depending on my travels.

However, if JOHNDOE has an IPA and then starts generating many unique UID's, AND (the BIT "AND") becomes a PIA, then that is when we could stop that.

We could also tie the UID with an email address, but, of course, there could be many of these as well; e.g.: Yahoo, GMAIL, MSN, etc., etc.

The only "guilt" is not multiple addresses, it is for those who are abusive of this site. For some reason we have been seeing more of this lately... cold weather could be an excuse. But, honestly, there is no excuse for poor behavior save to say immaturity. It easy to sit behind a screen and assinate, without some sort of consequence. I would think it has more to do with the honor system, but there will always be "takers" versus givers.

The big red "Whiz"... is there a reason for that? I see pretty good, like 20x10.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.