1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

delete

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Unknown1, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

How old?

I paid $800 for an '82 (IM/Full, 32", bluing wear on bottom edge of receiver, very nice wood/finish) last year from a reputable dealer in very good condition in a Perrazi case.

Dealer took some off for the case.

MK

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I believe they made a skeet model in 28" barrels. This would not have a monte carlo stock. It would be straight. The rib looks the same. The fixed full and mod. chokes would indicate a trap model, and be 30" or 32" barrels. If it is the full and mod. chokes and has a low rib, and 28" barrels, that would be a field model. Need more details. Jon

3. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

I have one very similar to Unknown 1, built in '83. The barrel length should be stamped on the right side of the barrel along with gauge & chamber length. The production date can be determined from the serial# under the top lever. I paid $600 for mine but that was back in 1991. If you're buying a gun 25 yrs. old or more, overall condition will determine value. John

4. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good deal. Just keep thinking it is a new gun, and you should shoot it well for a long time. As far as removing the finish. Remember good intentions paved the road to hell. Just kidding. That is a very time consuming project. You have to take your time and be patient between steps for it to look good, and last. Jon
    stlflyn_2010_070483.jpg

5. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

Tigman,
    You have a PM
    Brian