1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Delegate Town Hall Meeting @ MI Fall Team

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fdiesel, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fdiesel

fdiesel Member

Good day to all, this coming Saturday September 8, during the Michigan Fall Team shoot; a town hall meeting will be held directly after the shoot offs. This meeting will consist of a panel of the Michigan ATA Delegate, 1st and the 2nd alternate delegates.

On the agenda will be discussion on the current rule changes, new ATA programs, ATA purchases, and a Q&A.

I hope many are able to attend and I promise not to be long as I definetly understand many would like to get home and others would like to enjoy the company of your shooting buddies as the season is coming to an end.

Safe travels to all.

Darryl Hayes
    Michigan ATA Delegate

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Good idea maybe some other issues can be added.

Don

3. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

Sounds like a good plan and I'm sure other areas need to be discussed.Thanks Darryl

4. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Hi Darryl.

I doubt I will make it over but I hate the fact that you are forced to shoot 400 on Friday, 400 on Saturday and 200 on Sunday for the HOA. 300 targets a day is lots on Friday and Saturday. I would be more interested in an 800 HOA. that is a lot in 3 days.

I have skipped the team shoots a lot lately I have no interest in that 1000 HOA program at all.

I have shot the 1000 lots of times and I am beat and dead tired after 3 days like that and my wife is mad at the days being so long no time to shop or do anything other that eat and sleep.

Old guys don't even want 300 days or at least the ones I know don't. I think they should be there for shooters that want them if they feel that is right but optional.

I am not sure that you don't chase shooters away with 400 days they know any handicap shootoffs will be real late.

Just my opinion I have told lots of them this before.

Terry Jordan.

5. fdiesel

fdiesel Member

Hey Terry, thanks for your feedback. As Delegate, my responsibilities are to ensure the ATA rules are upheld and to promote ATA shooting. I don't have the authority to alter any programs. However, in the interest of promoting shooting,I will definitely relay to the MTA BOD your concerns and any others that is affecting shooter turnout and shooter displeasure. I will also research and provide to them current trends by others shooting venues that seem to work in attracting and retaining shooters.

6. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Do you guys miss me yet:)?

barry Kemper

7. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

Hi Barry. Yes we miss you get back here.

8. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Just out of curiosity, who are the Alternate Delegates?

For that matter, who are the MTA officers and BoD?

It doesn't look like the web site's been updated since the election.

9. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Nope. Tom's right....

Darryll, get your name on there....l

10. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

Hey Barry...I don't miss you....My bottle of Crown lasts a lot longer now.....

11. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Any news from the meeting?

12. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

I have to agree with Terry...400 target days are way to long and I understand that the MTA is trying to increase revenue by throwing as many target's as they can,BUT,maybe they should look into not making all of them a requirement of the HOA.Just throwing out an idea.I did however really appreciate the effort put forth by Darryl to keep us informed of what is going on within the ATA.Thanks again Darryl. Hugo "Moe" Rinke

13. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

This meeting was great. We got a lot of info from Darryl. We also got some good input from the people at the meeting along with the MTA board. I would like to say thanks to Darryl and all involved. I believe there is hope for the great state of Michigan. :) Bill Grill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.