1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Delaware State Shoot info?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Al 29, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Looking at Presquadding info. for events 7-8-9 for the Delaware State shoot.

First question: The shoot is at Millington Sportsman in Maryland. Any thoughts on the sun and squadding. I learned that at the WTA the sun can be a factor for early squads.

Second question: There are no times for events 7 and 8 other than the day begins at 8:30. 7 is cap prelims, 8 is singles prelims. I am assuming they don't go off the same time. Can anyone confirm?

Third question: How many squads are sent to the line at one time? If the event begins at 8:30 how many walk to their banks and shoot at 8:30?

Its my first time at the Delaware state shoot as you can see so i am looking for some info. on how to squad. There is still plenty of room to squad anywhere anyone wants but the deadline is on Thursday and my gang is getting antsy to get it done

Thanks,

Jeff A.

2. Winchester_aa

Winchester_aa TS Member

Jeff,

I believe the shoot is on PreSquad.Com

You WANT to shoot in the AM at Millington, the sun is BRUTAL late in the day.

Depends on the number of banks, the last couple of years it was 8 banks, you shot 50 on a trap, and took 50 to the line, but shot modified (5 on a station and did not stop between 25's)

the may shot doubles at the same time, but I doubt singles and handicap.
    Mr. Jones may be able to clarify a little better if i am incorrect.

TH Wallace

3. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Thanks Ted.

There isn't much info other than the squadding.

I will call Mr. Jones. Maybe he can advise me on which squads may be good as I don;t want to overlap but then again I don't want to wait 4 hours between the caps event and the singles event.

thanks for the heads up!!

Jeff A.

PS Mark and I are both in for the Summer league. But... unfortunalty with gas being 3 bucks a gallon we are going to take a break from Thursday nights at Oxford. We are opeing up our gunclub for practice instead as its 2 minutes away. Trying to save a few bucks and get some of our local shooters out on Thursday nights down our way.

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Jeff,

In reference to the Events 7, 8 & 9 of the state shoot, the 1st event of the day (doubles) will be shot on at leat 7 banks starting at 8:30 AM sharp. Historically only about 50% of the shooters will shoot doubles, so my estimate is that the event will be over by 10:30 AM and the handicap event starting at approx. 11:00 AM. The prelim class singles will be the last event on Saturday (May 26th).

Sun Glare & Millington: For events 7 & 8, it doesn't much matter if you shoot a late squad or not. However, the sun can be a problem later in the day. My suggestion is to obtain the earliest squad possible for event # 9.

Lag Time: There should not be much "lag time" between events. We will have at least 7 banks going (probably 8) and the shooter's will be taking 50 rounds to the line and shooting 25 twice (5 per station) on a trap. The lag time will be the most after the doubles as the traps will have to be reset. Last year it went very smooth and on the Prelim. days everyone was done prior to the sun becoming a problem.

If you have any other questions, please contact me.

The "presquadding" will close tomorrow (May 10th)...just an FYI.

Regards,

Curt Jones

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Presquadding for the state shoot ends today...just an FYI.

presquad.com

Curt - Delaware

6. WTW

WTW Member

BIG AL 29 !!!!!! We are going to miss you and Mark. Guess I won't have any one to keep me up to date. I guess Mark ran out of freeze room, or may be he started to growing feathers. Hope to see you at the league shoots. Bring some of your buddies along. I am sure they will have a good time. Food will be served at all the shoots. TED

PS MAKE SURE YOU SHOOT BEFORE 2:00 PM, ANY TIME AFTER THAT AND YOU CAN'T SEE THE TARGETS VERY WELL IF AT ALL
    I'ts a very nice club but I can't get these old eyes to adjust to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.