1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Delaware Gun Shop Supports Gun Restriction

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Seitz Shooter, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seitz Shooter

Seitz Shooter Member

The public was invited to testify recently in Dover regarding HB35, the proposed legislation that would require background checks for private sales of firearms.

Rob Miller of Millers Guns in New Castle DE, testified IN FAVOR of HB35.

Apparently, the prospect of collecting $50.00 for each NICS check was more important than our Second Amendment rights.

Just another good reason why many of us no longer deal with Millers.

Adios, Dirk

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Have you ever filled out a ATF form 4473?

I take it that is not the only provision in the bill?

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Surprising and very disappointing to me also Dirk

4. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Greedie business men and women will always worship the almighty dollar over another persons "Rights". JUST watch the politicians!!

It is one of responsibility of you as a buyer to find out what "type" of business owner your dealing with!!

Sounds like the Millers need a few people picketing outside during business hours with signs stating his "failure"!!

5. Seitz Shooter

Seitz Shooter Member

6. timberfaller

"deadly weapons dealer"

WHAT is this guy for real!!

FFL stands for Federal Firearm License

Is this guy old and senile, who would call himself a "deadly weapons dealer"???

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Here's what I wrote to Miller's yesterday....

"On behalf of the shooters and gun owners/buyers....Miller's testified in favor of adding the mandatory background checks for private gun sales??? Miller's betrayed the law abiding citizenry...why? Guess it's easier to bow down to the dollar than to do what is morally right!! Shame on you, Bob Miller!!""

Curt

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The problem with this bill goes beyond mere background checks. I

It's main purpose, under the guise of background checks, is to initiate a gun registry.

The anti's have stated that this law would be unenforceable without maintaining a database to track firearms by their make, model and serial number, and who has them.

Do not drink the anti-gunner Kool-Aid. Make no mistake. This is gun registration.

9. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I'm supposing they wouldn't give a shit if most of the TS.com family wrote a letter of disapproving of their stance, but we all should write anyway.

Doug

10. Seitz Shooter

Seitz Shooter Member

Delaware has traditionally been a gun friendly state and a traditionally democrat state.

With a democrat controlled House, Senate and a Democrat governor, they are all emboldened by the gun control fever that started in Washington.

Don't forget that Joe, shoot two blasts in the air and shoot a blast through the door, Biden is from Delaware.

Adios, Dirk

11. Seitz Shooter

Seitz Shooter Member

Most local trapshooters have not dealt with Millers in years. We go elsewhere.

We have a new real friendly gun shop in Greenville, Artemis Outfitters, or we go to Richland's in PA.

Adios, Dirk

12. 9manfan

9manfan Well-Known Member

I hope he feels it in the pocketbook for his betrayal, this guy is nothing more than a turncoat...........I wouldn't buy a pretzel from this guy.............

13. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

There is an idiot dealer in East Nashville that has a hole-in-the-wall-shop wanting this crap, and state tax on transfers.

Folks who know this will not do business with him.

14. 1290FPS

1290FPS Member

After being a customer of this shop for over 3 decades, I stopped dealing with the Millers' about 6 years ago. I had gone into the store with the intent to buy a Citori or 525. Bob came around the counter to offer his assistance. He then flipped out and launched into a tirade. "I am NOT going to fit you up for a trap gun" "Every one of you trap shooters is neurotic. Break 99, and something is wrong with the gun!" "Break 100, and the gun is ok" I have been dealing with Shyda's, and SMYRNA Sporting goods ever since.

15. HDKING

HDKING TS Member

Went there in the mid 90's to buy a browning ultra ,after listening to bob i went straight to smyrna sporting goods and havent been back to millers

16. Voolfie

Voolfie Member

It is, of course, easy to assume that this is all about the almighty dollar.

And, it may well be true that Miller's is looking for a windfall.

However...

While I don't work there, I do work in a gun shop and I can tell you that after several years of seeing ALL the people who come in to buy/transfer guns - it is difficult NOT to agree to universal background checks.

The reality - that it will result in "de facto" registration - is enough for me, personally, to oppose it. However, that is not because I oppose registration 'per se', but because I will never trust apparatchiks or politicians with my rights.

Unlike any other nation on the planet (?) we have a written constitution within which is enshrined the right to keep and bear arms. A right which our Supreme Court has recently affirmed as a fundamental part of the panoply of individual rights guaranteed us (not granted) by our Constitution.

It may, therefore, be the case that, for us here in the USA, a gun registry is NOT the beginning of the end of our right to self-defense.

Nevertheless, I personally do not wish to cede another inch to the forces of irrational gun-hatred.

But, we shouldn't fool ourselves. The folks we see at our 'home club' are, maybe, HALF of those to whom the shop, at which I work at least, sells guns.

Gun dealers have a responsibility that few understand. When someone comes in, who seems perfectly normal, buys a gun...goes home and shoots themselves, we feel that. (No dealer who's been in business very long is without these stories) Is it our fault? Hell, no! No more than that of the car dealer who sells a car to someone who kills while driving drunk. But, we always wonder: could we have spotted something in their behavior? Did we miss something? The proudest moment I've had as an employee of the shop where I work is the one in which I refused to sell a gun to someone who, while not legally prohibited, was giving off an unhealthy vibe. He came back several weeks later and admitted that he had wanted to kill himself because he'd been diagnosed with what he thought was a terminal disease.

My point is this: don't be too quick to ascribe a motive to the Millers' actions.

The key to protecting our rights is getting our neighbors and friends to understand that this isn't just about "guns". The rights and liberties that our grandfathers took for granted are largely gone now and we increasingly live at the sufferance of the state and their "authorities".

Diane Feinstein, Chuck Schumer, et. al. are feculent hypocrites. They can afford armed guards; most of us cannot. Even so, "We The People" have at least as much RESPONSIBILITY as we have RIGHT. And at the moment many of those who are exercising their "rights" are not fulfilling the responsibilities that are concomitant with those rights.

I don't expect to ever live in a perfect world, so I try not to take "absolute" positions.

Those for whom the world is "Black & White" will undoubtedly find this posting (and me) confusing and/or unacceptable. That is as may be. I fully expect to have my motives questioned here.

This is just something to think about.

J.F. Wolfington
    Wilmington, Delaware

NRA Life Member
    USA Shooting Life Member
    ATA Annual Member

17. timberfaller

Gee I wonder what the firearm dealers did before a FFL was required???

Oh ya, sell guns to whoever wanted to buy one.

Just another one of those lost "Freedoms"

Emotions and class envy do strange things to people's "thinking" ability's.

The key word is "infringed".

18. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Voolfie's post is impossible to read, but he did say that gun registration is not the beginning of the end of your right to self defense. I did understand that one statement. He is an absolute idiot, but you knew that from reading his post. Gun registration is absolutely the beginning of the end, of the right to self defense and the beginning of the end of the second amendment. Where does he work? He should work for Bobby Miller and they should sleep in the same bed.

19. kenpo11cincy

kenpo11cincy TS Member

IT WOULD BE A COLD DAY IN HELL BEFORE I BOUGHT ANYTHING FROM THAT JERKOFF MILLER. Buyers should take their money elsewhere and spend it in a supporting gun shop not a bunch of sellouts that see a way to make $$$$$$$.

20. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Five minutes-fifty bucks, not a bad deal! Voolfie, you still live in America where you have the right to refuse service. Too bad the America of old is slowly being sold down the river by progressive idiots.

Robert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

rebeldog1