1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Delaware Duck Season opens Friday

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by grnberetcj, Oct 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Ah yes, it's finally here.

The marsh looks good, observed a lot of big ducks last weekend, we'll have a rising tide in the morning before sunrise....breezy and cool.

Should be a fun morning.

Curt

2. sx1

sx1 Member

Curt,

Shoot a couple for me.

Norm Sewell

3. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

Curt, we started 2 weeks ago. Hunting has been pretty good. Going out this afternoon and tomorrow morning. Heres my brother with 2 of the 4 woodies we got Satyrday. Good luck Curt. Hope you hit em up good. Chuck Hrosik
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

Good looking woodie and teal Curt. All the teal are pretty much gone from up here. Should be down your way by now. Good luck on your opener. Woodies are mighty tasty. Keep me posted on how you do. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Let me see: Boat($$$$) + dog ($$$) + gun($$) + gear($) = a Duck, that is hardly eatable. I've done/do it and love doing it. Why do I love doing it? I have no idea......

6. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Get up in the early early morning, drive to the water or marsh in the dark, load the boat, get to the blind in the dark, unload the boat in the dark, freeze your back side off, get one duck or one goose, load everything back up and go home. Its better then any day at work and its one more thing. It's PRICELESS.

7. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

Good shooting Curt. Looks like you and the Feds taught your daughter to shoot well. I went out this morning and was able to bag a couple. Flew into the spread about 5 minutes before shooting light so we let em mull around for about 20 minutes then let em have it. Good luck Chuck Hrosik
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

5 mins by who's watch???

Good job!

Curt

9. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

Fowling has been real good this year. Much better than last. Hope you can really do it to em this season. We close down for about a month next week and start up again in November. Goose and ducks will be back in and seems like its gonna be a great season. As I said keep me posted as to how your doing and I hope to see you at the De and Md shoots this upcoming year. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

10. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Hey Curt

Hope you guys have a great season. Keep the water out of your waders.

Rich in Indiana

PS Any chance of you and "The Fed" helping us defend Oxford's Honor on Black Friday against Team West Chester?

11. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Rich,

We'll try (but waterfowling comes first).

Curt

12. Seitz Shooter

Seitz Shooter Member

Hey Crut!

What's with the baby duck. I've seen bigger pigeons!

Adios, Drik

13. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are some pic's of my duck blind that I built in my yard then moved to the bay. I numbered all the joints and put it together.

14. copper

copper Member

The falling water was always the best the full moon stinks , Teal always loved shooting them they were going in three directions all at same time. I lived for duck hunting for most of my life have not shot at a duck in eight years . Well took Pearl my Vizla and got two grouse missed one wood cock got a tree. did see some wood ducks in a swamp I will pay the swamp a visit give the ducks a education. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.