1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

del

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sptnclays, Aug 4, 2013.

1. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

5 targets behind with a new gun.
    Probably a lot better than you could have done sport shot:(

2. dls guide

dls guide Member

I bet Kim will figure it out. She just needs more trigger time. She has been my hero for many years and I wish her great success with what ever gun she shoots.

3. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Top six make the match final and there are 75 birds to go. The match is barely past halfway, why don't you see where it shakes out after 250.

One bad round or she would be tied for the lead!

Kim hasn't shot competitively in nearly a year, just had a baby, shooting a new gun and still in position to make the medals at the National Championships.

I don't understand your comments????

SW

4. Game Warden

Game Warden Member

I doesn't matter who the shooter is, why are you being negative toward her or any one of our sport's performers? Appears that you have a bone to pick and it's coming out in the wrong place. I wish her the best and am glad she is back continuing as a role model for a diversity of clay target shooters. The sport needs everyone of them.
    Leonard Ordway

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I agree Leonard. At that level and being a new mother, some trigger time is needed. She has been a great shooting ambassador, so why the negativity?

BTW, what gun does Leo shoot?

6. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Leo has just gone to the DT-11 from his old DT-10 (so has Will Fennell).

7. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Too bad sportshot isn't as gracious as Kim.

8. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

Let's support America's best. Go Kim.

9. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

6 more targets and she'd been dancin' on the traphouse.

Bob Falfa

10. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Having shot int skeet I wonder how many understand the difficulty. I wouldn't say that the score was that bad but the 20 was an anomaly. What caused it would be much more interesting to me.
    Joe

11. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

Sportshot, Kim had a bad day. Not a crash and burn. She is a 5 time Olympic medalist in two different events.

If your mommy actually wore army boots, she might also have an Olympic medal in her wardrobe as well...or perhaps passed along some more shooting talent.

12. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Insults aside- Kims scores do not even show a bad day. the 20 is a bad round and again speculation as to why would be welcomed. Good - world class International shooters don't shoot 20's. the bad score could be due to the new equiptment or lack of recient training. She has been a great competitor.

Joe

13. Bob Butler

Bob Butler Active Member

She is a great mentor to the young women coming up in the sport and a great spokes person for the entire shooting sports. Hers is also a great name to drop in an anti gun conversation that is going on at a cocktail party. The medals speak for themselves.
    I will be very surprised if that gun is not spot on in a short time.
    Will be fun to watch.

14. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

This thread is pure Bullshit if you want to trash the Beretta and let everyone know you think the Perazzi was a better gun(which is the real purpose of the thread)then say it,but Putting Kim Rhodes name on it is pure Obama tactics to make it spectacular and make your point at someone elses expense,she is one of the few remaiming bright spots in the sport..a true American ambassador and role model to all shooting sports,she will figure out the new gun and return to her old form in no time.Jerry

15. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I don't find it bullshit. it reaffirms the difficulty in switching guns and the learning curve involved.

I'm sure Ray Stafford and Leo H have the same learning curves when they go to the new guns..

16. usashootingdad

usashootingdad TS Member

My wife and I having just returned from Colorado Springs to watch our Son, Jeff shoot double-trap, wish to comment on this thread about Kim and her new gun. I talked to her Dad, Richard on Wednesday when they arrived to train and he mentioned that she was shooting with her trap barrels because her skeet barrels had not arrived. May have had something to do with scores but other things may also have affected them, such as the thunder, rain and wind that tends to come over the mountains every afternoon this time of year. During Double Trap we had to suspend action while a big black cloud dumped rain and we heard lots of thunder with lightning strikes all around us...the sun came out about an hour later and the round was finished. There are all sorts of obstacles that the shooters have to deal with anywhere they shoot but the Springs presents special circumstances because of the elevation.

Chris and Julie Holguin

17. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

sportsh?t since coming here has been negative and is obviously a jealous whiner attempting to hurt either Berreta or Kim or both. Ask him to put his numbers on here for others to judge just how good he is or isn't.

Don