1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Del Tone Trap Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by abbielew, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abbielew

abbielew TS Member

Del Tone Trap Shoot: Beautiful weather, good targets, but only
    25 to 30 Trap shooters showed up. Where were the rest of shooters
    from Central Minnesota. Only Nwel Winston from MTA showed up.

The rest of the MTA officers were just to buzy to attend I quess.

Lew

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Lew, it was a beautiful shoot. The club rebuilt all the traps over the winter, and Manager John Olson, MTA Past-President Bob Wiltse, most of the club staff, and I got up early to put the fine tune on the targets: 42 MPH, a pole-set 9 1/2 feet high, and 2-hole spread. The west wind was "moderate & variable" and that lead to some challenging shots, but no one got a target that could not be accounted for by the fact that trapshooting is an outdoor sport.

The food was good and fairly priced, the staff accommodating (and well trained) in the extreme, and Del Tone gave us, once again, an attractive venue to enjoy our sport. I hope many Minnesotans will read this, see what they missed, and put the coming Viking Shoot on their schedule. It is a great and historic place to shoot, well run with good targets, and it deserves their support. But it's more than that. If you like trapshooting, Del Tone is prepared to give you what you want and they are busting their butts to do it. How are you - members and officers of the MTA - going to repay that and ensure that the hub of shooting in Central Minnesota prospers?

Neil

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I made the 2 hour drive from Wisconsin and thouroughly enjoyed myself.

4. Ertz

Ertz Member

I was able to make it up and shoot the singles. Nice to see the club doing well again. Lew, you do make an interesting observation.

5. Ertz

Ertz Member

You are correct there John. You would be hard pressed to find a classier guy than Neil Winston.

6. butcher

butcher Member

Does Phil Berger still own the trap club?

7. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Charger, Dick Berger owned it for many years and sold it to the current owner roughly 5-6 yrs ago. Time goes too fast and might've been longer ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.