1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DEL-TONE/LUTH JACKPOT/TURKEY SHOOT SUN. 11-14

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range, Nov 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range Member

On Sunday, November 14th Del-Tone/Luth Gun Club will hold their Winter Jackpot Shoot starting at 10:00 a.m. Winners of each Lewis Class will win a Turkey along with the first five 25 straights. A shooter will only be allowed to win one turkey for the day. With Turkeys on the line, (so to speak), to win, shooters will once again be required to shoot their 16yd round followed by their handicap round and be required to skip one squad when signing up.

Thanks and hope to see you at Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range,

Jeff Hoppes

(320)251-9873

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Jeff. planning on making the trip. Put a new belt on the picker.

3. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Jack, that's great news!! It'll be great to see you and that now famous knuckle! I should probably mention to you that there's a new policy at the Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range which was put into effect a few weeks ago. NO CATS ALLOWED!!!

Jeff

4. JACK

mia_2008_030356.jpg

Meow

Hand doing well. Shooting today if rain holds off.

5. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

Pre squadding??? Whats up with that???

If I remember right, at the last shoot at Del Tone, there were some scores that were called in that were......maybe "filed" away....in the round file!!!

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=HalloweenScoresDelTone.jpg" target="_blank"> HalloweenScoresDelTone.jpg </a>

But, thats OK. EVERYBODY had a great time and went home with some delicious pies. Well almost everybody. :>) And, what the heck, rule #13, "everything is subject to change", is one of my favorites.

I'm looking forward to Saturday at the Minneapolis Gun Club Jackpot, which has been named the "Del Tone Turkey Shoot Warm-up", and really looking forward to Sunday for the Del Tone Turkey Shoot. See you guys then.

Jimmy Bowen

6. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Sorry Jimmy,

scores that actually count for something, (pies, turkeys, shooting awards), have to actually be shot in front of more people then just the ones shooting. At least at Del-Tone/Luth. Also, you do realize that it’s supposed to be pretty cold come Sunday, 40 degrees, and I’ve always heard that shooters from the south just can’t shoot good scores in that kind of weather. I’m not saying it’s true, it’s just something that’s going around.

Jack,

that’s a beautiful cat and no doubt he/she has a lot of attitude. However, just in case he/she ever gets out of hand again, or should I say knuckle, please show him/her the photo’s I’ve attached and let he/she know what we do at Del-Tone/Luth with animals like that. Just might be enough to change its attitude.

Jeff

deltoneluthgunrange_2010_080611.jpg

deltoneluthgunrange_2010_080612.jpg

deltoneluthgunrange_2010_080613.jpg

7. JACK

Jeff. Obviously that is the new party building. Perhaps you can put up a pic of the outside. It was being built last I was up there. Who donated all those heads? Only guy I know that can shoot trap in MN and animals in the Fall is the undaunted "PREZ".

Anyway, I'll bring my contingent (sans the Persian) and see yo about the time it gets to 50 degrees. BTW. see if you can get me 4 of those dandy DPMS wine glasses, would you? They are my fave size.

8. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Jack,

The individual who shot all those heads is Randy Luth. The owner of Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range and the founder of DPMS. There's a few more inside the club house, but I just didn't want to scare your cat too much. Make sure you bring that little bad___ with ya when you come out and I'll personally give him the GRAND TOUR!! :)

Even tho it's only suppose to be in the 40's here on Sunday, they say it will feel more like 50. No wind and a lot of sunshine. Just the kind of weather TURKEYS LOVE and any Wisconsin shooter would enjoy shooting in.

See ya Sunday Jack!!

Jeff

9. abbielew

abbielew TS Member

Okay,

Lets get this straight. You really think the guys from Southern MN
    or Mpls Gun Club are going to show up. With the this snow, I bet they
    are Hibernating.

So there will be Turkeys to shoot for and kitty cats to to pet. Better
    bring your leather gloves along.

I will show up just to see MIA and that hand of his that the kitty took
    a bit out of.

I coming to shoot and get my turkey. I am really poor and flat
    broke and will need to win a turkey just to have something to eat. So I
    will expect some coop. in letting me get a decent score.

See Ya all Sunday

Birddog

10. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Lew, I spoke with Jimmy Bowen today. He said if the weather was good he was headed to St Cloud. Now why, I don't know. Jimmy can't shoot a lick and he won't have the lucky quarter there to flip him a win. In fact, he didn't even show at Mpls today. Mark Hintz, Bobby Munson Senior, and I won every class in the Saturday jackpot. I believe we were both perfect and split the money. It was a Krieghoff Browning day I guess.

Who knows, maybe we'll see the two of us repeat at Del Tone tomorrow.

Mark Z

11. JACK

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=56301&hourly=1&yday=317&weekday=Sunday

You will probably have to paste the website. The address is too long I think to put it into the TS.com box

This from he website results

2010/2011 Jackpot Trap Sat. Nov. 13th, 2010 Results
    Text/HTML Minimize

Saturday, November 13th, 2010 Jackpot trap results for Mpls. Gun Club

Tied for first place were:

Mark Hintz and Mark Zauhar Neither shooter missed a Target all day.

(ok ok nobody shot because of the weather and the power failure - but they showed up)

We'll see you next Saturday for the Thanksgiving Turkey Shoot.

12. abbielew

abbielew TS Member

Hope the Del Tone Guys are ready, looks like the Southern boys are going
    to show up in Force.

Everything is in the Jeep, just need my two eggs, bacon, toast and coffee
    and we hit the road.

See ya there

Birddog

13. abbielew

abbielew TS Member

14. abbielew

abbielew TS Member

Hey Del Tone Guys: Great shoot,good chili and cake. Had a great time.
    The reason I did not shoot a good score and to many to mention here on
    the site, but will bring shells with some shot in them next time.
    The guys from Southern MN did show up and took their share of the Turkeys home.

Elliot said he also enjoyed the shoot and he will be back.

How about MIA, any body hear why he faded. Was it the snow or
    to cold for him.

Good shot and will see you in couple weeks

Birddog

15. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Before I post the results of the Del-Tone/Luth Turkey Shoot, I would like to send out a big “THANK YOU” to everyone who participated yesterday. The weather conditions were not easy to deal with, windy, cloudy, snow flurries and chilly, however we all had a lot of laughs and fun. More laughs at our shooting then any thing else!! We even had four new shooters participate at Del-Tone/Luth, so that’s always a good thing!! I’d also like to send out a special “THANK YOU” to Stephanie Young for helping me with signing up shooters while I was working, and also for bringing that old fart, Bob Wiltse, birthday cake. Happy Birthday Bob!!

Now for the Turkey Winners. Mark Zauhar, the only shooter who was able to shoot 25 straight out of 33 entries, Scott Steffen, Bob Wiltse, Denny Steinhaus, Jimmy Bowen, Mike Smith, Lonnie Hendricks and Jeff Hoppes.

The only missing part of the entire day was a certain WI shooter not showing up. We were all pretty worried that something might had happened to him, but after talking it over, we just figured that it’s been such a long time since he visited the Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range that he probably ended up getting lost and went back home to spend some quality time with his cat. Maybe next time MIA, (Jack)!!!!

Class A – 1st Place – Scott Steffen – 44 (tie)

2nd Plaece – Jimmy Bowen

Class B - 1st Place – Denny Steinhaus – 41 (tie)

2nd Place – Jimmy Bowen

Class C – 1st Place – Jeff Hoppes – 36 (tie)

2nd Place – Ray Steffensen

Ties were broken by 16 yard score/long run from the front.

Thanks again to everyone and see you next week at the Minneapolis Gun Club Turkey Shoot on Saturday, November 20th!!!!!

Jeff Hoppes
    Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range
    (320)251-9873
    www.del-tone-luth.com

deltoneluthgunrange_2010_080614.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.