1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DEL-TONE/LUTH JACKPOT SHOOT SUN. APRIL 3rd/RESULTS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range Member

On Sunday April 3rd, Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range will hold its last Winter Jackpot Shoot of the season. The shoot will start at 10:00 a.m. As always, FREE coffee, donuts and lunch will be available for the shooters of the event.

Once again winners of each Lewis Class and anyone who shoots a 25 straight will win a package of bratwurst. We have a variety of flavors to chose from.

Hope to see you Sunday,

Jeff Hoppes

Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

(320)251-9873

PS. We will be holding a Lewis Class Jackpot shoot the following Sunday, April 10th which will consist of a round of 24 Trap Doubles, 25 Skeet and 25 5-Stand Targets. More information on this shoot will be available shortly.

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Hopper... That 75 bird event sounds like a hoot! Keep thinking like that and you will keep growing. No motor cycle gear heads allowed tho...

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Jeff, Is that a typo on the trap doubles being 24 pr? Shouldn't it be 25 pair so the total targets =100?

Rich

4. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Both sound great Jeff, dying to break some clays!

See you then.

John Houle

5. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

I guess this is the way they use to have their winter shoots, 24 doubles, 25 skeet and 25 5-stand. That is all changing today.

As of Wednesday March 27th, next weeks, April 10th, jackpot shoot will be 25 pair of trap doubles, 25 skeet and 25 5-stand. 100 target event. Enter event as many times as you want.

If any shooters out there have any additional suggestions, please call, send a pm or post a comment on here. Final rules will be coming soon!!

Thanks guys!!!

Jeff

(320)251-9873

6. T-Sobania

T-Sobania TS Member

Jeff, making it 50 doubles is a good idea it levels the playing field for the trap shooters. Maybe some of the St. Cloud trap shooters will show up with guns this time.

I'll be there this weekend missing my way to the lewis money.

Tony-S

7. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

That's what I like to hear Tony. Confidence!!!! However, you'll have to beat Tom "I'm going to miss until I win" Zitur if you go into the event thinking like that.

Jeff

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Tony. There are a couple of things to do that will insure that you win your share of Jackpots. On 16s, don't miss early in the round, And don't miss late in the round. On handicap, don't miss early in the round and don't' miss late. If you have to miss, miss either the 12th or 13th target. Break the rest and likely you will be a winner when your number comes up.

It works. Try it.

9. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

Yeah, and Jack would know. I gave his beautiful wife the envelope with all the cash in it that he won at MGC last Saturday when she picked him up after a full day of shopping. The nice button he had on his coat that said " I shoot to shop" was a gift given to him......from you know who.

Jeff, that sounds like a very interesting program that will draw in some shooters. I'll have to practice up on my 5 Stand. That will be the one that will have some guys shaking their heads.

See ya soon.

Jimmy Bowen

10. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Jimmy,

We got the 5-stand up and running yesterday. Had a great time with a bunch of great guys. Should be a lot of fun next week at the shoot. More details coming soon!

Take care,
    Jeff

11. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Here are the results of our Final Winter Jackpot Shoot of the year. It started out a little bit on the cool side and windy, but ended up being a pretty nice day.

I would like to say "Thanks" to everyone who made it out this winter and supported me and the Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range!!!

Class A

John Houle - 46

Ray Steffenson - 44

Class B

Joe Opitz - 41

Bob Lange - 41

Class C

Lew Boyko - 37

Tom Zitur - 36

Ties determined from the 16 yard score, long run from the back.

Thanks again and hope to see you at the Multi-Event Jackpot Shoot, Trap Doubles, Skeet and 5-Stand, next Sunday, April 10th.

Jeff

12. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

It was fun Jeff.

I'm really looking forward to Sunday. I think that format is going to be a blast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.