1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Del-Tone/Luth Jackpot Shoot - Results 50x50!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range Member

Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range will hold a Winter Jackpot/Lewis Class Shoot this Sunday, March 11th starting at 10:00 AM. The cost of the 50 rock event, (25 16yd targets + 25 handicap targets) is $18.00 with $4.00 of each entry going into the Lewis Class pot. Handicap yardage is determined from your 16yd score plus 2. No shooter can shoot closer then the 20 yard line. Packages of bratwurst, a variety of flavors, will be given away for each Class Winner and the first five 25 straights!!

This week an added $100 for a 50 straight!!! Ties divide!!

As always at the Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range, Free Coffee, Donuts and Lunch, will be available for the shooters of the event inside the George Victor Building!!!!!

Hope to see ya Sunday!!

Jeff Hoppes

Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

(320)251-9873
  2. Joe O

Joe O Member

I see you aren't satisfied with the usual misfits that show up. In a desperate attempt to get some quality shooters you are going to throw some $ at the event! I've been thinking about some "favors" for the trappers, maybe we can "improve" their vision! If I ever figure this "trap" thing out you're gonna be in trouble!
    I put the 23rd on my Calendar to help with the North JH kids. I'm guessing you wouldn't turn down help, even if it's from me!
    Joe O
    I don't see any mention of the California Medley this time? Back to Chili?
  3. handlepuller

handlepuller Active Member

The weather is supposed to be beautiful. See you there!
  4. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Member

Great company, great targets, great food and now a bunch of cash on top of it??? Sounds like a winning combination.

Now, IF I shoot a 25 at 16's I have to shoot from the 27....that seems so far back. Will I be able to show my "new" ATA card and take the 2 yd. reduction??? OooooK, I'll be there.

Jimmy Bowen
  5. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Jimmy, you being Polish, we can't expect you to understand complicated stuff like your 16 yard score plus two. Maybe MJ will explain it to you. After all, she's had to guide you all through your marriage.
  6. The Literalist

The Literalist Member

I'd say something about Gay Pride Engineer, but I flattered him on the "Illinois State Shoot" thread.

Good luck up there, guys. It will be nice to hear when Jimmy walks away with the cash...while Gay Mark is cruising for dudes in the south.
  7. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Joe,

The kids will be happy to have you there on the 23rd!!! I was going to be asking you for the favor this Sunday, but now I'll keep the favor and use it some where down the road!! Leave my trappers alone.

Jimmy,

That's a mighty big "IF".
  8. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

9. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

10. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

11. handlepuller

12. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Ok everyone, take a few minutes out of you’re day and read what’s coming next.

Yesterday at Del-Tone/Luth we had a ringer come up to the club from down south, as in southern Minneapolis. His name is Jimmy Bowen and I’m getting just a little tired of him coming up here winning all of our hard earned money! Mr. Bowen, showed up pretty much after everyone else was wrapping it up and putting their guns away. Being that we’re all "Minnesota Nice" at Del-Tone, we thought we’d help old Jimmy out and go out and shoot a couple more rounds as it was such a nice day. Well guess what, in return of our generosity, Jimmy walked out there and ran’em. That’s right, put his gun together, walked out there and put a score of 50x50 on the big score board. We had Del-Tone’s famous southern wind blowing, I had my pet deer running around the field in front of the traps so the shooters had to stop and let them get out of the way and nothing bothered Ol’ Jimmy. He just stood there unfazed and crushed targets. So with great pain, I have to say “Nice Shooting My Friend”!!! For his efforts Jimmy received a nice crisp $100 bill, the Lewis Class money, Free donuts, Free Lunch and a package of Blueberry Wild Rice Bratwurst.

PS: Every shooter gets to enjoy the FREE donuts, lunch and coffee at Del-Tone/Luth!!

Class A

Jimmy “Mark Who?” Bowen - 50x50

Denny “I always seem to be smiling when I’m pulling the trigger” Steinhaus - 46x50

Class B

Joe “I’m becoming a Trap Shooter” Opitz - 42

Troy “Smoooth” Smith - 42

Class C

Tom “This game is easy” Zitur - 36

Jeff “I have to quit letting these guys talk me into this” Dahlin – 36

Tie Breakers– (1) 16yd score, (2)long run from the front, (3)handicap score, (4)long run from the front

Thanks for coming out guys and making it a great day!!!

Jeff

Next Jackpot - Sunday, March 25th!!!!
  13. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Member

Oh yeah, the pet deer. I'm walking from post 5 over to post 1 and I hear this bell ringing on the west end of the range. I didn't think anything of it, I was trying to concentrate on the last 5 targets I have to shoot. So, I get to post 1, get into position, look out over the trap house and here is this whole herd of deer moseying around in front of where we're shooting!! Luckily, the lead off shooter wasn't too good of a friend of Jeff's and he waited until most of them cleared the 4 hole angle targets Jeff sets.

After we're done shooting and we go into the clubhouse, I find out that good 'ol Jeff sits by the window looking out at the trap fields and if he sees someone running 'em he has a switch right there that rings the bell to let the deer know its feeding time. Jeff, now I know why you scrapped all that dirt away in front of the fields, so the "pets" are more visible.

A great shoot, lots of nice shooters, and free donuts, coffee and lunch. You can't beat it. Bring the kids along.....by March 25th he'll probably have the deer trained to eat out of your shell pouch.

Thanks Jeff and to the Del Tone Luth staff.

Jimmy "$100.00" Bowen
  14. JACK

JACK Active Member

You've really stepped you game up James. Congrats. You are the new "Force" in the Twins cities.
  15. handlepuller

Good shooting Jimmy!
  16. The Literalist

The Literalist Member

Way ta go, Jimmy Bowen. :)
  17. Joe O

Joe O Member

Jeff; A nice south wind and the 27yd line is going to take some work for me. My grip on Handicap shooting is pretty fragile. I guess I could just drop a few at 16? I enjoy practicing though. When are we going to rev up the 5-stand?
    Joe O
  18. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Jimmy,

Next time you come up I’m going to unleash my dive-bombing pheasants!!!!!!! We’ll see how tuff you are then.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.