1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Del-Tone/Luth Independence Classic: results!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by handlepuller, May 31, 2013.

1. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

June 29th and 30th will be the 3rd annual Del-Tone/Luth Independence Classic at Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range in St. Cloud MN.

We're very excited to offer even more added CASH this year! There will be 400 handicap targets and 100 singles thrown over the weekend. The 27 yarders are their own yardage group so come on out and compete for your share of the loot!

The high gun on the total 400 handicap targets will win $600 added CASH and the top 5 scores in EACH yardage group will shoot off for $1,500 dollars CASH PER YARDAGE GROUP! If you're doing the math, that means 4 shooters will bring home $500 or more and 16 shooters will bring home $100 or more of added money!

In addition, the high gun on Saturday's 200 total handicap targets wins a pair of Scheels Paragon binoculars and the high gun on Sunday's 200 total handicap wins a DPMS .223 rifle!

The program is at the link above. If I can be of any assistance with questions about the area, lodging or restaurant info, etc. just let me know via PM. Jeff and I really appreciate everyone who is helping out with this shoot and look forward to seeing you at the club!

John Houle

2. MNGuns

MNGuns Member

See you there.....

3. handlepuller

Please note the 9:00 a.m. start time both days!

4. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range Member

Just a little more information on this shoot.

We will be giving away $40 Scheels Gift Cards to the winners of the 16 yard event on Saturday. We will be giving away $75 Scheels Gift Cards to the High Gun of each Handicap event and $50 Scheels Gift Cards to the High Gun of each yardage group of each Handicap events on both Saturday and Sunday.

New to this years program is the Yardage Purse with a 100% payout. All yardage purse money of each event of each yardage group will go to the shooter with the high score of that event. It'll just depend on how many shooters feel lucky in your yardage group and play the Purse on how much money you might win.

Please remember that every shooter who makes their Yardage Group Shoot-off of the 400 Handicap Total has a chance to win the top prize of $500 of that group. It does not matter if you have the lowest score of the top 5 scores, when you walk out to the line for the shoot-off it's a brand new game. Payout for each Yardage Group shoot-off is $500, $400, $300, $200, $100.

DPMS is putting together the rifle this week that will be given away for the High Gun of the 200 total targets of Event 4 & 5, handicap events on Sunday. Photo's will be posted as soon as I get my hands on it. :)

In total, we are giving away $5,100 in CASH MONEY and over $2,000 in MERCHANDISE, so come out, shoot and have some fun!!!!

Jeff

5. handlepuller

Here are some pics of last year's shoot!

No local shoot that I know of will send so many people home with so much cash!

handlepuller_2008_030335.jpg

The Big Dogs going at it in the shoot off for the added cash.

handlepuller_2008_030336.jpg

Middle yardage group added cash shoot off.

handlepuller_2008_030337.jpg

Some winners from the short yardage group.

Remember, top 5 scores on the total 400 handicap targets qualify for the shoot off for $1,500 PER YARDAGE GROUP! This could be more than 5 guys because it's the top 5 SCORES. Once your in, even if you had the lowest score, you could come out with the top shoot off prize of $500.

New this year is that the top score on the total 400 handicap targets wins $600 and won't have to shoot off.

Mark your calendars and we'll see you there.

6. handlepuller

7. plaw

plaw Active Member

Very nice . Thats like the days of old in Trapshooting.

8. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range Member

Ok everyone, I picked up the DPMS rifle yesterday that is to be awarded to the high gun of the total 200 handicap targets on Sunday of the shoot. DPMS was very generous this year as they have donated a .223/5.56 Recon Tactical Carbine. The Recon is equipped with Magpul MOE stock and grip, as well as the enhanced trigger guard and back-up sights. It also has an AAC flash hider which eliminates muzzle flash without affecting accuracy from the stainless steel mid-length barrel, and free-float 4 rail handguard. Feast your eyes on this baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deltoneluthgunrange_2010_080686.jpg

deltoneluthgunrange_2010_080687.jpg

9. handlepuller

Ooooooh. That is nice Jeff!

Who will be bringing that baby home?!?!

10. handlepuller

For the high gun on Saturday's 200 handicap targets we have a pair of Scheels Paragon 10.5 X 45 HD binoculars. These are very nice binocs with a retail price of $429 dollars!

Check them out at the link above.

11. 548

548 Guest

Talk about tickeling our butts with a feather....

It worked. Just made room reservations.

12. smooothnova

smooothnova Member

Jeff, will there be presquading for this shoot. see you there, Troy "SMOOOTH" Smith

13. handlepuller

14. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Troy, Presquadding starts 1 hr before shooting on each day!

15. smooothnova

smooothnova Member

thanks Rich, Ray will have to put me on squad i don't show up until noon.

16. handlepuller

Just make sure not to miss any of the events Troy. You made the shoot off before and I know you can make it again.

17. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Troy, If you wouldn't stay out all night drinking and carousing, you could be there at 9!!

Rich

18. smooothnova

smooothnova Member

True, it looks like i will be there at noon then. see you then, Smoooth

19. handlepuller

The forecast is for fantastic weather!

20. handlepuller

High of 76 Saturday and 77 Sunday with 10% chance of rain. Sounds fantastic!