1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range over 530 shooters!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BugEater, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BugEater

BugEater TS Member

Saturday, April 24th and Sunday, April 25th the Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range in St. Cloud, Minnesota was the location of the DPMS Outbreak Omega 3 Zombie Shoot. The shoot consisted of 8 different stages of Shotgun, Rifle and Pistol competitions. Over 530 competitors, ranging in ages of late teens to late fifties, attended the event along with over 250 spectators!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The George Victor building was full of vendors selling every thing from T-Shirts to Dakota Rifles. Saturday afternoon the competitors were treated to a Hog Roast and on Sunday the Remington mobile van was in attendance.

On behalf of the Del-Tone/Luth management, we’d all like to give a big “Thank You” to the all the volunteers and competitors for a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff Hoppes
    Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Joe O

Joe O Member

Imagine if it hadn't rained most of the weekend! Good job, not my cup of tea but shooters are shooters in my book.
    Joe O

3. BugEater

BugEater TS Member

4. primed

primed Well-Known Member

How many at the Victor Jeff?

5. BugEater

BugEater TS Member

primed,

I had 17 shooters at the Victor Memorial. Pretty good turnout for the type of weather conditions they faced. They were all competitors in the truest sense of the word, no whining, no complaining about the 30 + mile an hour wind or the coldness in the air. When their squads were called, they all went out and shot. There was even a young Sub-Junior who competed in the 16yrd event who shot a 90. That’s a hell of a score for any shooter, no matter what age, in that type of weather.

I elect you, primed/Bob, to explain to this young man or his father, if he happens to be left off any type of Sub-Junior team this year due to him shooting in these types of conditions while other sub-juniors and their fathers choose to sit at home, wait for those nice warm, sunny days with no wind or clouds to shoot marathon rounds in order to get the specific target requirements.

I know which young man I want on my team or squad. You can have the second type of shooter on your squad/team since you see nothing wrong in what he is doing.

By the way primed, since you seem so worried about the state of trapshooting in MN, Did you contact or ask the other clubs, who had a shoot on the weekend of the 1st, how their attendance was or do you just enjoy reading about Del-Tone?

Jeff Hoppes

6. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

That young man shot a 98 at Buffalo Gun Club yesterday. He's a great kid. Don't pull him or his family into this garbage. Leave the kids out of this completely, even if it's just to use them as examples.

Sally Stevens
    NRA/ATA Certified Coach, Level II

7. BugEater

BugEater TS Member

CalamitySJ,

That young man is a heck of a shooter and a great kid, I agree. If there's a team to make, he'll make it. But do not ever tell me "what to do", you can ask me, but you will not tell me.

Jeff Hoppes

8. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

BugEater,

That's good advice for everyone, isn't it? No one likes to be told what to do, where to shoot, where to spend their money, who they have to associate with.

Thank you for the clarification--'do not ever tell me "what to do", you can ask me, but you will not tell me.' I most certainly agree.

Sally Stevens

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

where the hell is she coming from???

10. BugEater

BugEater TS Member

What?

Not quit clear on what your trying to accomplish or get across. If your talking about the proposal, then bring it out in the open or on the other thread. I guarantee you I'll have an answer. I thought your original comment on this thread was about bringing the kids into this.

Or was it you just had to have the last word?

Jeff Hoppes

11. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Jeff,

I have three creative, resourceful and highly intelligent teenagers at home so I'm used to speaking in code and having them understand. And getting the last word is not something I need to have, trust me, especially on a ts thread--that's practically impossible so why try?

I apologize that you do not understand my comments. I will try to be crystal clear.

1. I think it would be best if we did not include youth shooters in our discussions regarding club and state trapshooting politics. Our youth shooters are the future of our sport and we should protect them. It's one thing to promote their achievements (as you did and I applaud you for it, he is a GREAT kid) but when we start to wrap them into this mess it can only hurt them.

2. My comment about 'don't tell me what to do' definitely speaks to the proposal.

CalamitySJ
    Private citizen

12. BugEater

BugEater TS Member

Guess all my questions have been answered.

13. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Bugeater - ck your email

14. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Jeff,

For your information,

May 1st had two registered shoots in the State, Buffalo and Waseca.

Don't know what Waseca did?

Buffalo Stampede registered shoot. 29 singles shooters, 20 handicap and 11 doubles shooters participated. Temperature varied from 42 degrees at start to 53 degree high for the day and winds at 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 40 mph. Wind mostly out of the West with some spitting rain and very dark and cloudy.

May 2nd

Only one registered shoot in the State:

Deltone Victor Memorial with 17 shooters. But there was one fun shoot which was the Owattona Appreciation shoot with 68 shooters.

Board meeting at Minneapolis Gun Club had perhaps 7 to 10 shooters whom left the meeting early to shoot practice targets, (that being registered shooters)

Primedust.

15. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Well Bugeater

The number of shooters Del-Tone attracts is a curiousity to me, that's all. It seemed odd that you would post attendance at a non ATA multi event event but not an ATA event here on TS.com.

I'd be glad to talk to the young man's parents and tell him how he may be competing against some sub-junior for the state team that might be shooting in better weather sometime and someplace. Maybe there's a sub-junior somewhere that is shooting in Florida or Texas or Arizona during the winter months in very pleasant conditions. Maybe even at BGC in February.

We are talking state teams, why didn't you propose that just in state targets be counted. All the shoots with All American points should be used for ALL American teams selection. By using those targets for state team selection you are creating a less level playing field. This sub junior might also be shooting against a taller sub junior. Why not make the taller sub junior shoot from his knees. He might shoot against somebody with one arm. Maybe he should then shoot one armed. Life's a bear isn't it Jeff?

Maybe, just maybe we ought to have 5 state team point shoots in Minnesota. You want to make the state team you show up and shoot your targets same place and day as the others that aspire to the state team. Make everyone interested shoot those five. Maybe the state shoot, the zone shoot, the Degner, Alex's early spring shoot and the Memorial Day shoot at BGC. That should level things up a bit wouldn't you think Jeff.

The world according to Jeff and Bob isn't very level at all.

I wish you would have been at the meeting to answer some questions your associate could not. Maybe you have some good ideas and just have trouble expressing them. Your proposal did have one positive influence on me though. After reading it, I went out to BGC and became a member for the first time.

Regards

Bob

16. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Jeff,

18 youths competed Saturday in BGC for the Aim telephonic shoot in 36 degree wind swept .weather at the start. It snowed the evening before. They shot against the Nation on Saturday. Wonder how many clubs in the south had wind, snow and 36 degrees, yet it was a registered heads up direct competition shoot. The shoot is history, and I bet the kids in AZ. Fl. TN. OK. NB. etc. did better, although several shot in the high 90's.

Kind of takes the weather factor your talking about out of the picture huh?

Mr. Amey, good points all.

Primedust

17. shortround75

shortround75 TS Member

As i am this young sub-juniors father trying to pack bags, load shells, make sure we have everything loaded to travel to the Missouri State Shoot, I stop and wonder, am I making him go, no it is his choice. He is the one that has to pull the trigger on every target that he shoots if it is at St. Cloud, Buffalo, Monticello......... It is always his choice. If he makes the State team he makes it, one day if he makes the all american team, he makes it. I made all of those teams and captian of the state team, but it was always my choice, A wise man once told me (my father) if your not having fun don't do it. The choice is always his not mine, so whatever shoot he wants to go to we will be at. Do we look at anyone different? NO! Are we just not going to go to a club because someone is there? NO! As long as he is still enjoying to shoot, we will see you all sometime this summer.

Kevin Veches

18. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Ah Ha

This sub junior is being coached by a former All American. I'm sure Jeff and Bob will come up with a way to level the playing field. This one might take more than 7 pages though.

I hope you know that's tongue in cheek Kevin. Always enjoyed watching you growing up. I wish your son the best.

Bob

19. shortround75

shortround75 TS Member

The vehicle is packed, the youngster is ready to go, waiting for the other two to show up in the morning to make our way south. Tyler is just as excited to shoot then to get out of school for four days. I am asking myself why? Why is trapshooting in the state all about politics, when I shot it was all about fun. What ever happened to those days? All I have to say is WHY?
    Kevin Veches

20. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Exactly.. nuff said...

John Voliva 82-04800

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.