1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dehydrators

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by FalconSprint, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

What's a good brand name dehydrator that works well? Been looking at the Open Country, Garden Master, @ 130 bucks. Has stackable trays, up to 30, comes with 6. Tired of making deer jerky in the oven. Love deer jerky, wonder if one could make jerky from Chuckars and Pheasants. Oh wait, Groundhog jerky. Now that there is some good eatin. Thanks in advance to all, F/S.

2. FalconSprint

FalconSprint TS Member

Thanks Doddai, still don't know what brand name is a good unit. I'm so tired of buying junk, then re-buying 3 months later. F/S

3. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

I bought a unit from Cabelas 2 years ago. It has digital controls for temperature and time. I forgot what it cost but it is still in their catalog.
    Have made a lot of jerky on it fast and easy. It is white with a glass front, I think it has 12 or 14 shelves and will holod all the jerky I have patience to cut up.

Not too effecient for dehydrating fruit. Very good unit.

Robert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.