1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DeHaan shotguns

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bruce Specht, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I have three of the Huglus, turkish mfg of the DeHaan shotguns, point nice good metal and wood and a so far trouble free. Mine are all filed grade guns that I shoot clays with and hunt with. The guns are a bit heavy but that helps slow my swing down.

2. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Well their MSRP's would indicate that the DeHaan guns should be a cut above the Huglu, the Spartan, the Silver Reserve, etc. I know lots of DeHaan owners on the "other" trap shooting forums seem to like their guns. Going only by the pictures I see on their website, I'd say they are certainly handsome firearms.
    Code

3. starship

starship TS Member

I have a DeHaan U4T (trap) 12ga.
    I'm fairly new to this game but have shot sporting clays for a while.
    Sucked at trap with my clays gun (Browning 425). Did some research and found that the DeHaan guns are either loved or hated (not much in the middle).

I'm not really a gun person, per se, and this is only the second gun I've owned. I called DeHaan a couple of times during my search and got professional friendly advice and service. I felt for the dollars and for where I'm at in trap shooting, at this time, it would be a good buy. I also liked the 2 year warranty and the one week trial period. I could send it back anytime within the first week for a full refund.

I've had mine for about three weeks now. Scores are up dramatically. I managed to run 61 straight (longest run I've ever had). Have about 1,000 rounds through it and no problem whatsoever. Comments from people who have seen the gun at the club have been positive.

Chuck

4. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Best friend has a DeHaans. For the price, he loves it. He has about 8-10K rounds through it, I'm guessing. No problems whatsoever.

5. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

starship

Can you load pictures of the DeHaan U4T trap?

Berettaman7

6. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

here's one.

7. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Thanks for the link, it sure is a handsome gun, must weight around 8.5 lbs.

Berettaman7

8. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

Im thinking its a little lighter than that from what I remember. oh wait...it's 8.3lbs. So you're pretty much right. Just seemed lighter I guess.

9. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

I have a used U-4E Trap for sale with adj. comb and RAD 2 installed.Will sell outright or trade for a 28 ga. sporting clays O/U 402-684-2900. If interested contact me I have pics on my home computer I could send later.

10. Parts were a problem with the only Huglu I will ever own .....AU4 -20 ga autoloader only 7 yrs old and critical part needed was no longer available.

11. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

They seem to hang with the best.

On June 28 - 29, 2002 five members of the Hamilton, Montana Gun Club shattered the standing ATA world record for doubles trap targets shot at in 24 hours. When the final horn sounded, the squad had shot at 34,750 registered doubles targets with an astounding 82.06 % overall accuracy.
    Other Statistics:
    - 1,390 boxes of shells
    - 2,200 pounds of lead
    - 257 cases of targets

- Ammunition: Rio 1 oz loads donated at cost by manufacturer (Larry Ward shot 1 1/8 oz load throughout)
    - Guns used: DeHaan, Perazzi, Browning, and Remington
    - Targets: White Flyers (orange and white)
    - Traps: Pat-Traps (no failures) with Canterbury Voice Releases

12. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

That would have been a kick in the ass...er shoulder, to have been a part of.

13. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

Never buy any gun you cant find parts for. If your gunsmith dont carry the parts for repair, dont buy it. Perazzis, k80s, browning, kolar, berettas they all will and do break if you shoot em. Todd Nelson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
dehaan shotgun

dehaan shotguns

dehaan shotguns for sale

dehaan shotguns for sale new
dehaas shotguns

used dehaan shotguns for sale