1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DeHaan Shotguns-anyone gazed/handled one?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Neil R, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil R

Neil R TS Member

Folks,
    For the first time I paid attention to an advert in Shotgun Sports. So I went to their web site (DeHaan). They appear to be very nicely made (in Turkey) at incredible prices. I was looking at one of their 20 ga. O/U as a bird gun but noticed they also make a trap gun that looks quite nice (under $1000. ) Has anyone ever seen one and perhaps handled/shot one of their field or trap guns? Seems like a great deal.
    Neil R.

2. 90-T User

90-T User TS Member

Neil, I have a U-1 12 ga Over/Under I use for 5 Stand sporting clays. I have about 4800 rounds through it so far and did have a lower firing pin break, its about a year and a half old . That was easy to fix, I did it myself. So far I am quite satisfied with it! No its not a Browning or Beretta but its half the cost of one of those also. I really just bought this on a whim to see how long it would last. I have a Browning 525 and a Beretta S687 EL Gold Pigeon sporting also. But thought I would put some wear and tear on the DeHaan to see how it would hold up. Fit and finish are quite good, wood is very nice Turkish Walnut with some figure in it. It uses Beretta mobilchokes so I put some Briley Extended Spectrum chokes in mine. All I can say is so far so good it shoots great!

3. Neil R

Neil R TS Member

Thanks for the feedback that was sent. I really was not thinking of the Trap model since I have a BT-99 and Citori XT (I can't wait until the un-single is available next year :) I was looking at the DeHaan as a field gun. Although I have always had an O/U or a pump/autoloader in field guns (now a 20 ga. Browning Gold Fusion as a bird gun) I might consider one of the SxS, I have never owned one. It is hard to tell the quality and all from a picture. He does offer a 7 day no shoot return. Worst case is the $25. shipping charge. I know that some of the turkish stuff is not of the best quality, like some of the russian guns. They were just made to function and not to win a "beauty contest". That is why I asked if anyone had one or shot one of the DeHaans. I do appreciate the experience of the folks on this web forum. Thanks.........
    Neil

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I own three guns from the same gun maker( Huglu) a .410 and a matched pair in 16 and 28 ga, they are o/u's. The engraving and the wood are fantastic,I did buy upgrade the engraving. From a performance stand point the guns have never failed and I shoot the all three at targets. Skeet,trap and clays so I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. If I had any negatives about the guns it is that they are a bit heavy but that is a help. I have a fast swing sometimes to fast so my thoughs, buy, shoot and enjoy.

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I own three guns from the same gun maker( Huglu) a .410 and a matched pair in 16 and 28 ga, they are o/u's. The engraving and the wood are fantastic,I did buy upgrade the engraving. From a performance stand point the guns have never failed and I shoot the all three at targets. Skeet,trap and clays so I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. If I had any negatives about the guns it is that they are a bit heavy but that is a help. I have a fast swing sometimes to fast so my thoughs, buy, shoot and enjoy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

dehaan shotguns