1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Defusing the booby trapped apt

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 635 G, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Anybody with EOD experience have any idea on what to do with the booby trapped apt in Aurora? I have a guess--open the roof above the apt & fill it with foam---any energy & fire would move upward & not hazard anyone.

Phil Berkowitz

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Their going to shoot it today with a 12 ga. shotgun shell, the news didn't mention dram or shot size.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

7&1/2 or 8?

HM

4. broadwaybill

broadwaybill Member

When in doubt OVERLOAD.

Fifteen two and a pair is four

Bill

5. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

They have to preserve the evidence inside as well as not release any dangerous toxins.

While not likely, there could be leads to co-conspirators, or illgeal trade of chemicals.

Let them do what they get paid to do.

Besides, this is good training for future events.

The APD chief says this is the most complex setup he has ever seen and he is from NYC, so he knows it all.

Lets see what a dumb little turd living in flyover country has devised with his neuro-scientist degree

6. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

"Dumb Little Turd" was working on a PhD in neuroscience (I quote Einstein - 'Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.'), and since when is San Diego considered "fly over country?"

Best info has him as being raised in a nice, liberal suburb of San Diego with a Democratic voter registration...

7. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

Send in the robot

8. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

They as far as I know are going to send in the robot.

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <i>"Best info has him as being raised in a nice, liberal suburb of San Diego with a Democratic voter registration... "</i>

Did anyone see the initial news reports linking him to the "tea party"?

10. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

Did you hear or see the one about the lady who lived on the floor near that apt complained about the noise,knocked on the door, opened it,looked around,closed it walked away. You'll never see that one again. LEE who has trouble sleeping at night turns on TV for company, I see stuff you never see daytime.

11. Rick Barker

HSLDS

First questions after learning of another mass muder in Colorado was is there something im the water, what is it about Colorado, etc., etc.,

The coastal states look at the MidWest and the West as "flyover country"

Not important to the needs and concerns of the rest of the country.

The West, between the Mississippi ansd the Eastern boarders of the Western Coast States, are considered by Eastern libs as backward, wild west knuckle draggers who have shoot outs in the streets everyday at noon.

Does not matter Holmes was born in California, he was living in Colorado, thus we suffer the shame here.

By the way it is not the water, it is the thin air.

12. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Rick,

I think you are being too hard on yourself. My apologies for not realizing you were from CO - my condolences to your whole state on this one.

Don't blame CO, I think the pertinent info is that he IS from CA, grew up there - with their morals and values. End up in a state where honor and integrity matter and many can't hack it.

This is what you get...

-

Just an FYI - Gallagher said 'never trust anyone from the mid-west.' He figures their ancestors were heading for California, and when the wagon broke down they were either too lazy or too stupid to fix it... ;-)

David D

13. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Evidently not....

Guy B.

14. Rick Barker

It does not bother me, I am just repeating stuff I have heard for years coming out of places like LA, DC and NYC.

15. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Nuts can grow from anywhere..just depends on what tree he fell out of...I'm sure the Apt house owner is hoping they blow the whole place, leveling it and his insurance rebuild for free...beats paying to remodel...Does CO euthanize?

16. Rick Barker

Yes, the needle is available

17. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I'm glad..hope its quick and tidy ...should just have made him open his own apt door

18. SlowArrow

SlowArrow Member

David D

When you paint an entire state as being of the same mindset with misplaced "Morals and Values" as you did with this statement:

"Don't blame CO, I think the pertinent info is that he IS from CA, grew up there - with their morals and values. End up in a state where honor and integrity matter and many can't hack it."

you had to expect to be called on it. As a second generation native Californian, I've grown up here and am sick of what this fine state has become, but there have been and are many fine people living here that I am proud to call friends. Those friends and my family and job may be about all that keep me here in this state, but not everything and everybody that comes out of here lack honor and integrity. I just can't stand by and let you equate me and my loved one to that dirt bag in CO - just because he was from here at some point. You really should be more careful - CO is really not that different from CA.

Mike S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.