1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Definition of the Constitution

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by BudsterXT, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

I like this:

"The Constitution is a limit on government, not private individuals, it isn't a charter for government power, rather protection from the government."

This is just something that I have seen and I like it.

Kenny U.

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I like it also. Bulge.

3. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

If you read the Bill of Rights (Amendments), the first 10 are essentially protections for the individual from the power of government. As I understand it, the Amendments became necessary because the States would not ratify the Constitution without them, fearing that the federal government would just be a replacement of the British.

As an aside, note that the word PEOPLE is in the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 9th and 10th Amendments.

We owe the first 10 Amendments to James Madison.

Chichay

4. drgondog

drgondog Member

And the pressure by Anti Federalists to include the written Bill of Rights with the Constitution prior to sending to the States for Ratification. The Federalists wanted to defer Bill of Rights until after the Ratification.

5. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Yes, it is 'We the people', not 'My regime'.

6. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

If I could change one thing about our education system, I would insist on constant exposure to the Constitution, Bill of Rights and both the Federalist and Anti-Federalist papers throughout K-12.

All these are complex subjects that need to be re-explored as a child's brain develops. Our current educational system has been successfully subverted by intentional liberalism since the Wilson administration.

Kip

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

"A selectively-chosen list of statements which describes what the Federal Government cannot do to you, but doesn't go far enough in telling what the Federal Government must do FOR you."

-Barack O. (paraphrased, but placed in quotes because if I had a President who was politically dumb enough to make these statements while in Office, the statement would probably look like this).

8. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Thats it in a nutshell!!

PROBLEM IS:

It has not been taught in the Public(government)Schools for over a generation!! And most Americans are Clueless as to its meanings and Purpose!!!!

We have a whole bunch of "law breakers" in our Capital and NO Leadership that will Arrest them and remove them!!!!

9. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Your right, R.Kipling, they don't teach it anymore, and I don't think they teach Government 101 anymore either. Many kids today don't know much about the Government, or how it works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.