1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Defective Perazzi TMX chokes?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DTrykow, Aug 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Hi everyone:the
    I heard last weekend a good friend of mine telling me that the Factory "Winchester type" chokes, in my TMX Special, have a nasty habit of being shot out the end of the barrel. Anyone heard of this? Also to keep my chokes tight. Thanks, Dave T.

2. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

I find that Gen 2 chokes in my TMX tend to loosen up if not tightened with a wrench, Gen 1s in my MT-6 do not. Some improvement!!!

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have the factory generation 2 chokes in my TMX and I use the wrench and they never loosen up. The only chokes that ever got loose for me was Browning Invector and I cured that problem with a little piece of teflon plumber's tape. ?? Winchester type chokes on a TMX ?? I used a Winchoke Extra Full on a Browning Citori in place of the standard Invector choke.

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Dave. Dont' worry about it. Just snug them up after each 100.

5. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

miketmx: I think my friend's "Winchester Type" quote came from the fact that they look like old Win1300 Winchoke chokes. Thanks guys. Dave T.

6. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

I only hand tighten my gen.2 chokes in my TMX and have never had one come loose. Frankly, just the opposite if I don't take them out periodically and lube them.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi tmx new chokes