1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Defective Perazzi TMX chokes?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DTrykow, Aug 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Hi everyone:the
    I heard last weekend a good friend of mine telling me that the Factory "Winchester type" chokes, in my TMX Special, have a nasty habit of being shot out the end of the barrel. Anyone heard of this? Also to keep my chokes tight. Thanks, Dave T.

2. EuroJoe

EuroJoe Well-Known Member

I find that Gen 2 chokes in my TMX tend to loosen up if not tightened with a wrench, Gen 1s in my MT-6 do not. Some improvement!!!

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have the factory generation 2 chokes in my TMX and I use the wrench and they never loosen up. The only chokes that ever got loose for me was Browning Invector and I cured that problem with a little piece of teflon plumber's tape. ?? Winchester type chokes on a TMX ?? I used a Winchoke Extra Full on a Browning Citori in place of the standard Invector choke.

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Dave. Dont' worry about it. Just snug them up after each 100.

5. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

miketmx: I think my friend's "Winchester Type" quote came from the fact that they look like old Win1300 Winchoke chokes. Thanks guys. Dave T.

6. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

I only hand tighten my gen.2 chokes in my TMX and have never had one come loose. Frankly, just the opposite if I don't take them out periodically and lube them.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi tmx new chokes