1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Deer Season--who filled their tags

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by CalvinMD, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Just wondering who bagged their Bambis this year and could share some pics...being homebound I'm missing hunting horribly..thanks guys n gals

2. perazzi97

perazzi97 TS Member

got a good buck this year 187 1/8 had a good time!!
    [​IMG]

3. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Here's a nice young buck - dressed weight about 135. About 125 yard head shot.

Tough hunting this year - it was really windy and the deer just stayed bedded down. Last time we took four deer (allowed two each), this year this was the only deer we got.

[​IMG]

4. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

Not the one I was after but a good bunch of meat in the freezer.
    [​IMG]

5. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

This should be a little better.

[​IMG]

6. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Can't do much except strighten this one & correct the exposure just a tad.

[​IMG]

7. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

DB bill,

Thanks for lightening the photo.

I think the original was fairly straight - think it is more an 'optical delusion' that the crane arm gives - it was angled towards me so the end of the arm was closer and thus appears to be higher.

Look at the rope holding the deer and NOT the other one to the left. Gravity would have pulled the short one with the deer taught - the one to the left was pushed aside by the deer's body.

8. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

So far, all the deer in my area have gone noctural. I have been several time and have yet to see a single deer. Lot's of turkeys, bobcats, and squirrels but no deer. Just can't believe it but it happens. LOL Have one month left in the season and have to get one somehow as my kids are ready for the deer jerky. Jackie B.

9. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Don't know this guy, but a Mule deer from Arizona. Scored 239

[​IMG]

10. lots of 24's

lots of 24's Member

The area where I Hunt has gone down hill ever since Pennsylvania started this state-wide antler restriction. (3 points on one side to be legal). Say what you like, after 10 years of these restrictions I have gone from hunting in an area that sounded like the battle of Gettysburg on the first day of buck season, to an area where I heard 6 shots for the whole day, on the first day of the season this year. Same area, same land.

Two years ago it took me 4 whole days of hunting to fill a doe tag.When we used to be able to shoot small bucks, we all got bucks. Now, we dont see deer, let alone bucks......heaven forbid big,legal bucks.

Seriously thinking about just putting the rifle away. Just isnt worth the thime and effort.

11. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

24's...not sure of where your located in Pa. but it's like that here in York County by Gifford Pinchot State Park. The Game Commission screwed things up with too many doe tags and the Buck Restrictions.

I wish the good old days would return.

Vern

12. a budine

a budine Member

24's - used to shoot with you in Silver Lake - we're getting the 3ptAR imposed on us next year - everybody cites the wonderful results in PA - I may hang it up as well - think it sucks!

13. ShootinSue

ShootinSue Active Member Supporting Vendor

Here in west central Illinois, hubby Terry got a nice big doe and I got got a small 6 point buck that was following the doe, all within 20 minutes of being in our stands. I was happy since I had to get back to work!

Sue

14. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

Congratulation Suzy-Q...bring it up often, that you got the buck and rub it in.

Vern

15. ShootinSue

Thanks Vern! LOL....I will try to get a photo on here of the two, I just don't know how to transfer the photo from my cell phone to my computer!

Sue

16. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Sue,

Depending on what kinda phone you have, the easiest way is to send the photo to your email. Send it as if you were sending the photo via a text message but make the "Send To" address your email. Then save to your computer. If you have a smart phone such as an IPhone or Android powered phone, you can sync to your computer and it should place your photos on your computer.

Matt

17. ShootinSue

Thanks Matt,

I have just a plain old cell phone with so many functions that I have no idea how to use 99% of them. I will try to send the photo as you suggested.....it may end up in China.

Sue

18. drucker

drucker TS Member

[​IMG]

14 year old son with a deer he saw last Feb while coyote hunting and decided that would be the only deer he would harvest.

19. 2500 HD

2500 HD Active Member

Broken rack 7 point (should of been a 8pt) at 275 yds with TC Omega muzzle loader. Center lung!!!

20. ShootinSue

Finally got the picture to load.

Sue
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.